New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Niyak baka nagkamali ng napangasawa yung friend mo kasi lalo siyang nabobo. LOL.

Sabi nga nila when you age it's not what's between the legs that matter, but what's between the ears. Kaya sakin looks barely matter.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Depende kasi yan what matters most to you. Yung iba pili ng ***y, and that makes them fall in love.Kaya pag nawala na reason for love, nawala na din ang love.Ibang lalake kasi ayaw ng matalino kasi baka ma overwhelm sila. Kaya trophy wife ang hinahanap. Yung iba naman gusto ng smart conversation, kaya hanap din smart wife.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Cathy:
    Hindi ba dapat pag may asawa ka na mas marami kang intellectual conversations? Ever since I broke up with my BF wala na ko makausap, yun ang nakakabobo. Dagdag pa na I'm ageing.
    Cathy, di mo alam ang effect sa lalake pag nagkaroon na ng sariling pamilya

i'm single but i have friends who are already family men

there's a very noticeable difference in their personalities when they were single and their personalities now

they've become tamed, domesticated

when they were single, they had fire in their eyes

their ambitions were limitless

"i wanna be Bill Gates"

"i wanna be Gordon Gekko"

then something sucked the life out of those people

the fire in their eyes is gone

they didnt become Bill Gates or Gordon Gekko

they became daddies

now, they look happy and content and well fed

iba talaga ang transformation

i'm sure there are people here who know what i'm talking about

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    di naman po siguro. dapat lang lagi active ang utak siguro. totoo din yung kasabihan wisdom comes with age.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    masarap kasi ang pork...sinabi na na.

Bawal ang Pork

6. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    one may feel less intelligent today bec. there's too much info overload or too many options . hindi mo alam kung ano ang uunhahin i-process.

unlike 10 years ago, or even 20 years ago. imagine mo toyota or mitsu lang pagpipilian mo sa tsikot. instead ng mag-research ka sa kasuluk-sulukan ng internet sa pros and cons ng mga plano bilhin ngaun, mas may nagagawa ka pa mas productive noon.

today, researching too much not related to your field of expertise (or your profession) can be very exhausting hence, nakabobo na din

---

i remember this movie ni Pierce Brosnan as James Bond. Q handed him a manual on how to operate his new car, what he (James Bond) did was made a target of the manual thru the car's weapon system and proceeded on using the car without any instruction at all.

ngaun anong klase ba ang mga tao, i'm sure 90% will be those who will read the manual first before using the car.

true intelligence i believe can be witnessed dun sa mga spur of the moment biglaan case scenarios. hindi yun plano ng plano, o aral muna or tirang takot.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    intelligence is evident on what a person does. if he responds (nagiisip bago kumilos) rather than react (kilos lang wala na pag-iisip. instinct.).

nasa IQ mo din yan. pero mas mahalaga ang common sense sa buhay. Anong silbi knowing the entire encyclopedia when you cannot even determine simple decisions in a day to day?

besides memory declines as we get older. normal din. lalo na kung narrow na ang brain exercises/experience mo.

mag IQ test ka para malaman mo kung less intelligent na nga.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jimnyeatworld View Post

i remember this movie ni Pierce Brosnan as James Bond. Q handed him a manual on how to operate his new car, what he (James Bond) did was made a target of the manual thru the car's weapon system and proceeded on using the car without any instruction at all.

ngaun anong klase ba ang mga tao, i'm sure 90% will be those who will read the manual first before using the car.

true intelligence i believe can be witnessed dun sa mga spur of the moment biglaan case scenarios. hindi yun plano ng plano, o aral muna or tirang takot.
    When someone does not "read the manual" first he will work with existing faculties he has (his experience, his own knowledge base).

This will come into a snag when he meets obstacles which requires paradigms to handle. Like using Microsoft Word without knowling Styles and you keep formatting manually your documents. You can do it. But you are doing it more ineffectively.

For simple things, not reading a manual comes easy. Hahakut ka duon sa brain mo ng alam mo na to use a new thing.

The test of intelligence is when a person can develop concepts and ideas which are powerful and practical and unbounded by mental faculties. True genius is the ability to make the complex simple not the other way around. (find an idiot and make him do a plan. tignan mo magulo at di mapapairal.)

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    There was a study(I saw in discovery channel) that shows men's testosterone level will drop once they get married and stays at home. Kaya nawala na yung aggressiveness and yearning to be Bill Gates. All the married male wants to do is stay at home and attend to his family. Yun daw ang effect ng low level of testosterone.I do not know if may effect sa intelligence.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it's not about losing one's intelligence but rather the way I see it priorities changes, when you were single lahat gusto mo gawin, lahat pwede mo gawin, you're only limited by your imagination. 'coz you are only responsible to your self.

but when you settled down marami ka na responsibility and you feel contented in what you have kaya wala na masyadong drive. I mean if an opportunity is there of course you will still grab it but probably not as aggressive as when you were single. since kung nagkamnali ka before you still have a lot of time makabawi. ngayon when you are older mahirap na magkamali at baka mawala pa lahat.

but physiology speaking. napupurol ang utak pag tumatanda. namamatay mga brain cells, especially kung puro yosi at inom ginawa mo nun bata ka pa.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Do you feel less intelligent than you used to be?