New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Did you play with "LEGO" when you were a kid?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

45 57.69%
  • No!

4 5.13%
  • Yup!

24 30.77%
  • Nope!

5 6.41%
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    nope, walang pambili...

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    When we were kids back in the late 50's ni wala pang nakapagsabi sa amin kung meron laruan na LEGO. Ang alam lang namin noon ay lata ng LIGO sardines kasi yon ang pinagdudugtong namin na gawing laruan, so parang LEGO narin yon.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    It's good to know that there are a lot here that still have their Lego bricks. I haven't been with anyone who still has their Lego but I think that I may have the biggest collection in the country. Like most of you wala din ako pambili nung bata pa ako but when I started working 10 years back, that's when I bought most of my Lego sets. When Giftgate ended their exclusive contract with the Lego company about 2 years ago, they opened all the remaining sets and sold them by the pound. I think I bought over 40 pounds of those. I still have unopened sets and the very recent set that i got from my wife is the Hotel one.

Since I moved to a new house 3 months ago, I destroyed some of the models I created to wash every brick and up until now, i'm not done sorting them yet. Dun sa gusto magtayo ng club, sali ako dyan! I've already asked Giftgate before to open a Lego retail store but they forwarded me a business form proposal instead. Wala kasing mabiling per brick dito e so i have to buy them online pa. My creations can be seen on the link below. i have the books, keychains, salt and pepper shaker, magnets, ice tray, etc...

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=155385

I usually buy sets when it's on sale, I don't really collect sets but I buy them for the bricks that I need to create a model that I have in mind. If some of you here that still has their Lego bricks and want to dispose them, I'd be interested to buy them. Giftgate sold it for P250 a pound for brand new bricks so I guess that gives you an idea of the price. PM me or text 0917-5299576. Thank you!Happy New Year!
    Last edited by seonadancing; December 29th, 2007 at 07:26 AM.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Slightly OT: Is there even a Lego Club there in Manila? Somebody contacted me a few months back about establishing a Lego club there. I won't disclose his name but when I was there last June to August, I contacted him back and wanted to meet possibly talk Lego's, etc, but I never heard from him ever since so we weren't able to establish anything.

I don't think that there's a Lego Club in the Philippines yet, if there was, I would have been a member already. Lego got discontinued in the country for a while due to poor sales and limited outlet, but now that Giftgate is not the sole distributor already, it's pretty much available in most toy stores now. I think sales is better now since I check the people buying when I buy Lego sets. I wish that they would open a Lego retail store here. Meron bang gustong mag invest dyan? =)

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I had just two sets of my own and they were pretty small. Incidentally the bigger one was of a car.

I also remember playing with Lego bricks at my dad's dentist's clinic in EDSA. A neat way of keeping little tots' attention while their folks are on the chair.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by seonadancing View Post
    I don't think that there's a Lego Club in the Philippines yet, if there was, I would have been a member already. Lego got discontinued in the country for a while due to poor sales and limited outlet, but now that Giftgate is not the sole distributor already, it's pretty much available in most toy stores now. I think sales is better now since I check the people buying when I buy Lego sets. I wish that they would open a Lego retail store here. Meron bang gustong mag invest dyan? =)
    I wish I could pero wala ako $ to start it ... an informal Lego club would be possible though!!

Here's my gallery though

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...cgi?m=legomech

Seonadancing you have nice models, I'll be in Manila January 17th until March. Let me know if you want to meet up. Gusto ko baunin yung Lego models ko, if you want to meet up I will bring them. Currently I only have five 1:24 scale cars built, nothing more. The gallery is just full of my other previous and the current models so collection lang ng pics yan.

Eto lang ang currently existing, pero kakalasin ko na yung wagon and the black coupe in favor of two more car models from one of the Top Gear episodes (season 10 episode 4 when they went to Africa to drive the cars across the desert - with the Lancia Beta Coupe and the Opel Kadett A "Oliver" alongside the Merc 230E)

The Ferrari 288 GTO is missing from the pic but here are the rest:

Nice to see a fellow Brickhead like me here on Tsikot!

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Nice, I'll let you know. One thing about building mechs before is the lack of available joints, but now, you can buy exoforce sets and use the joints to make very nice mechs. As you can see from my models, mostly buildings and houses sila, i guess i'm a frustrated architech kaya ganun yun mga gawa ko. =)

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    No worries. For mech joints I use newer pieces para they hold the model up and being really small (around 20cm tallest, 200grams heaviest) they have no problems with balancing and posing. I've attempted to make some models constructed using its frame to make it easier to build, some have been successful in replicating mine (I never liked MLCAD):

Madcat model

Framework model

Have you seen the huge Lego church? http://www.amyhughes.org/lego/church/

Last edited by mbeige; December 30th, 2007 at 09:22 AM.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    The only boundaries that limits us to create better models is the lack of bricks. I don't think we lack the imagination and creativity to build Legoland type models but where the heck do we get that many bricks.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I never threw away nor gave my Lego sets away. I still have the old ones from the Basic models to the Technic stuff, but never had any Model Team designs. I often see WTB advertisements on Craigslist for really cheap, and some sell their Lego lot for a price. A lot of stuff is on Bricklink.com check it out. You can buy individual pieces, mostly used or slightly used but good condition pieces. The last set of Lego I bought was last year, I think it was $150 for a bunch of small parts mostly - flats, bricks, specialized hinges, 1x1 clear, flats, etc - to add to the detail on my current models and to build new ones with different colors (Lego discontinued the classic grey and now introduced "Bley" a mix of blue and grey). I don't like it but it looks more modern.

I gave my nephew a simple Duplo set for Christmas, that's another one to add here I guess (even if he won't remember it - he's only 1.5 years old)

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
Did you play with "LEGO" when you were a kid?