New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    If I leave it as is, isn't there a chance that it could get worse?

Cathy, since you experienced a toothache few nights ago and had it checked by a dentist, I recommend that you have it treated at once. I'm sure the associate dentist is capable in doing the necessary treatment. I guess since you're having your dental check-up regularly, the problem has just started.
    And yes, if you will leave it as is, it will worsen in some time.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Wow buti na lang may online dentist tayo dito sa tsikot

I have a problem with my teeth, mga 4 years ago may bad molar ako yung maitim na ang crown at sumasakit, ang sabi pwede pa raw e save ang epin so parang p polish yung tooth until matangal ang itim almost half ng epin na tangal.. tapos hag hulma ng porcelain at pinatong doon.. anong tawag sa ganung procedure?

Ngayon nag simula nang sumakit yung same molar na iyon, di naman damage kasi nga porcelain na ang crown, pero ang root nun is buhay pa kaya masakit na madalas.. ano pa maganda pa bunot ko na lang? sayang din ang mahal ng bayad ko rito mga 4T per tooth

Gonzo, I hope I can answer your querry.
    Last edited by archangel_1911; February 23rd, 2009 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
    Wow buti na lang may online dentist tayo dito sa tsikot

I have a problem with my teeth, mga 4 years ago may bad molar ako yung maitim na ang crown at sumasakit, ang sabi pwede pa raw e save ang epin so parang p polish yung tooth until matangal ang itim almost half ng epin na tangal.. tapos hag hulma ng porcelain at pinatong doon.. anong tawag sa ganung procedure?

Ngayon nag simula nang sumakit yung same molar na iyon, di naman damage kasi nga porcelain na ang crown, pero ang root nun is buhay pa kaya masakit na madalas.. ano pa maganda pa bunot ko na lang? sayang din ang mahal ng bayad ko rito mga 4T per tooth
    Gonzo, the procedure they did was a cap or full shell porcelain crown.
    The best thing is to have it checked by the dentist. Papa x-ray para makita kung sakaling may nagrecurr na carries inside. Baka traumatized lang yung ngipin kailangan lang ng medication or
    kung gusto mo talaga masave yan, pwede RCT or Root Canal Theraphy.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    When I had my RCT I told my dentist that I don't want to have my tooth capped so they did a "build up".I was told though that eventually I still need to have it capped. I was so disappointed when I was told that they had to do an RCT, isn't it that the tooth eventually gets brittle? What happens when it breaks?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by archangel_1911 View Post
    Gonzo, the procedure they did was a cap or full shell porcelain crown.
    The best thing is to have it checked by the dentist. Papa x-ray para makita kung sakaling may nagrecurr na carries inside. Baka traumatized lang yung ngipin kailangan lang ng medication or
    kung gusto mo talaga masave yan, pwede RCT or Root Canal Theraphy.
    Thanks, parang nga syang na traumatize kasi minsan na notice ko gumagalaw ang tooth.. BTW dalawang magkatabi po yung pinagawa kong ganun. parahas gumagalaw, parang nag swell ang gums then lumuwag ang tooth.

Umi-inum nalang ako ng pain killer nawawala rin namn sakit. Sorry for my ignorance anong ginagawa pag mag RCT?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Bakit sumasakit yung ngipin ko na na Root canal? Isn't it that I'm not supposed to have toothaches anymore kasi pinatay na yung roots? I am so disappointed. I spent 25 effing thousand pesos for a root canal tapos sakit sakit pa rin ng tooth ko!!!! Could it be that the dentist made a mistake? Because I don't wanna pay another 5k when they change the filling!!!!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    Bakit sumasakit yung ngipin ko na na Root canal? Isn't it that I'm not supposed to have toothaches anymore kasi pinatay na yung roots? I am so disappointed. I spent 25 effing thousand pesos for a root canal tapos sakit sakit pa rin ng tooth ko!!!! Could it be that the dentist made a mistake? Because I don't wanna pay another 5k when they change the filling!!!!
    one reason maybe that dipa lubusang namatay or hindi absolutely sterile ang part which ought to be rendered patay and they filled it...sorry for lack of better term... herherher...

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    cathy for you - the pain that are experiencing might be the effect of improper root canal treatment, there are so many reason why an RCT fails...either the nerve isnst removed well, there is a possible perforation, and abscess still exist, there is the presence of accessory canal in which it wasnt cleanse well...

you can ask the dentist you did your RCT why is it still painful, maybe he will redo it free of charge...

in some cases a root canal treated tooth may become brittle, especially when the remaining structure is minimal, when there is no blood supply brittleness does occur...

do you need to have it crowned? that will depend on the dentist who is doing your RCT, there are some assessment that needs to be done, like if your other teeth are not that good, then most likely to save that tooth a crown could be fabricated, if your remaining tooth structure is still suitable for a filling then a filling could be done...

will it be permanent? that will depend of on how it is made, how your teeth will hold the filling or how your teeth will hold the crown, so even a crown doesnt guarantee a lifetime promise...

but before moving on, a proper assessment must be done to determine what is best to suit your need...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
dentists: question about root canal