New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sa Lapid's 10K siningil sa molar ko.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ....grabe umaabot pala ng 10k ang ganun. di ba kaya ng ponstan na lang?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ronald_m View Post
    Cutedoc,
    How come here in the US it only takes 1 visit to the dentist to do a root canal?
    that would be possible as ive written as one of the indication of rct, intentional rct, there are some tooth can could be done one one sitting, if there is no existing lesions which are better viewed and diagnosed with xray, then root canal treatment could be done in one sitting=)

however if the case would have a chronic problem such as presence of abscess, lesions, granulation tissue, then that will be quite difficult to be done on one sitting, because the goal of root canal is to render the canals sterile=)

prices really varies depending on the dentist, to those who charge high check their competency and testimonila from other patients, from those who charge so low, check their quialification just for verification=)

scarab - di kakayanin ng ponstan lang, ponstan is mefenamic acid, the course of its action is pain reliever and control of swelling, but it doesnt include bacterial control which antibiotic does, if you would ask if antibiotic alone could do the triuck, well in some minor cases, it is possible, coupled with adequate diagnosis of the tooth, proper tooth filling is also indicated to prevent recurrence of any pathologic disturbance=)

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    scary yung ponstan.

kasi if the tooth is severely infected, the injection can spread to the jaw. mapapatay ka pa nun.

yeah, hard to believe, pero a decayed tooth has the potential to kill you. Or pwede rin, ma-inject yung jaw bone mo and it has to be cut. magiging para kang si Darth Vader (without the mask).

i made the mistake when i was younger to ignore caries. ayun umabot sa point na di na kaya i-restore. bungi tuloy ako actually missing two molars. ang mahal mahal ng fixed bridge!!! sobra. and i'd need two of them. kaya di ko pinapagawa hehehe.

if you think an RCT is expensive, mas mahal ang fixed bridge.

and mas mahal pa dun ang titanium post.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ....hehehe, was kiddin' bout the ponstan alone. pero totoo naga ata yung post nung isa. just had my tooth filled by a "new school" dentist. pansin ko nga mababaw na lang sila mag-drill unlike my fillings before nung bata pako, ang lalim talaga ng mga dentista nun mag-barena. ang saket pag binubugahan na ng hangin.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nasa last month's reader's digest yung death or serious illnesses due to dental problems.

Ako sumakit na lahat wag lang ngipin ampuch... di ko talaga kaya yung sakit...

Pahabol...

Nakita ko sa newspaper yung ad na laser na gamit (no-drilling), di daw masakit...

Laking difference ba sa presyo?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks sa mga reply.

ok na rin ung sa gf ko. ok na daw sabi ng dentist. wala na daw amoy kaya pwede na sarahan. pag balik niya sa next session sasarhan na daw.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    dental problem especially badly cariuos and infected tooth could lead to a heart problem (sub acute bacterial endocarditis, SABE) so be cautious of it=) read on last months readers digest=)

flakez- nice to hear your gf tooth is doing well=)

theveed- laser used in preparing and removing the decayed tooth in preparation for a filling would be quite pricey, right now im using the high speed drill, there are tecniques and ways to lessen the pain and sensitivity while debriding the decayed portion of the tooth=)

orly_andico- if cash would not be a problem i would suggest that you go for dental implants, its is much better than fixed bridge=) if you do have plans to have them but in short of cash, i would suggest that you save money for it, while doing so, you can have a removable denture first so you can have something to chew on, then after saving enough cash proceed with dental implants=) and choose a dental implantologist to have your implant placed dont settle for a so-so dentist to place them in, its quite pricey enough so better be safe and see a competitive dentist who install dental implants=)

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed View Post
    Nasa last month's reader's digest yung death or serious illnesses due to dental problems.
    classmate ko ng college ,namatay bagong bunot ng ngipin ,
    naholdap ,nanlaban .nasapak ng holdaper tinamaan sa mukha ..
    wala tigil ang pagdugo .namatay sa hospital

cousin ko din .bagong bunot .nawala sa loob nagbuhat ng mabigat dinugo balik agad sa dentist(lapit lang ng clinic sa house) ..
    dami nilagay na malamig sa bibig mejo humina ang pagdugo
    at tuluyan nawala

Doc cutedoc,ano ba mga dapat gawin or iwasan pag bagong bunot ,
    plan ko kasi naman mag pa extract next month

TIA

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    for a more proper procedure
    1. consult your dentist, he would ask about your medical and dental history, this is important, like if you have exixting diabetes or heart disease it should be known to the operator,proper medication will be prescribe
    2. after surgery or tooth extraction, pack in the cotton or sterilized gauze every 15 min or until bleeding stops
    3. put ice pack in the area within 24 hours as the case may be simple tooth extraction, 3-4 hours is enough
    4. take medication for pain,swelling, and antibiotics as prescribed
    5. avoid hot food as these may cause bleeding
    6. no smoking and drinikng before and surgery
    7. brush teeth after eating, gargle with mouthwash or saltwater
    8. dont play with the extraction site, dont use fork, toothpich or finger to poke the wound

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
dentists: question about root canal