New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by madball View Post
    Bastos talaga, sa tingin ko may racism nga. Kasi sa Alaska andaming lamok bakit di na-approve yung vaccine doon?
    my guess is,
    they won't dare use it in places where the laws against such are proven strong.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i always tell my students,
    "even if historical statistics are favorable, the same statistics are not acceptable, if it was your kid suffering from its ill-effects".

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    FDA approves the first vaccine for dengue fever, but with major restrictions
    The Food and Drug Administration on Wednesday approved the first vaccine against dengue fever, one that protects against a common disease but has generated significant controversy due to evidence it can increase the risk of severe infection in some people.

The agency ruled that Dengvaxia, manufactured by Sanofi Pasteur, can only be used in individuals aged 9 to 16 living in parts of the United States where the dengue virus is endemic — in other words, where it circulates on an ongoing basis. Dengue is found only in Puerto Rico and a few other U.S. offshore territories and protectorates.

Furthermore, the vaccine can only be given to children and teens who have had one previous laboratory-confirmed case of dengue.

Regulators have sought to restrict access to Dengvaxia following post-marketing research by Sanofi that showed that, while the vaccine offers protection for people who have already had at least one bout of dengue, it increases the risk of severe infection in children who were dengue-naïve — that is, never infected — when they were vaccinated.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    EVEN SANOFI admits di pwede ang dengvaxia sa dengue-naive

ginawa lang nilang malaking clinical trial ang Pinas

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    pero syempre para sa mga hardened anti-du30, this issue is pure politics

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    were these conditions already being mulled by the manufacturer and/or the researchers, even before the DOH approved its seeming-lightning-fast program?
    or was it kept hush-hush, back then?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    WHO | WHO advises Dengvaxia be used only in people previously infected with dengue

The WHO Global Advisory Committee on Vaccine Safety considered the company’s new results from clinical trial data analyses. Those studies indicate that increased risk of severe dengue disease in people who have never been infected affects about 15% of the vaccinated individuals. The magnitude of risk is in the order of about 4 out of every 1000 seronegative patients vaccinated who developed severe dengue disease during five years of observation. The risk of developing severe dengue disease in non-vaccinated individuals has been calculated as 1.7 per 1000 over the same period of observation. By contrast, for the 85% who have had dengue disease before immunization, there is a reduction of 4 cases of severe dengue per 1 000 who are vaccinated.
    1st infection - minor symptoms
    2nd infection and so on - severe dengue can happen. That's what the vaccine is supposed to prevent.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i always tell my students,
    "even if historical statistics are favorable, the same statistics are not acceptable, if it was your kid suffering from its ill-effects".
    Well who was that "doctor"recently who shrugged and said "**** happens"?

Sent from my SM-T825Y using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    were these conditions already being mulled by the manufacturer and/or the researchers, even before the DOH approved its seeming-lightning-fast program?
    or was it kept hush-hush, back then?

there were warnings already over ADE (antibody-dependent enhancement) but Sanofi played it down

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    Well who was that "doctor"recently who shrugged and said "**** happens"?

Sent from my SM-T825Y using Tapatalk
    i don't remember.
    but **** really does happen, even in the most well-thought-out designs. it is humanly un-avoidable.
    what matters to me, is the response generated when that **** happens.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast