New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    ^ Don't worry, not even some football referees know what offside is sometimes

The reason why the Azkals weren't playing defensive counter formations was because this time around they weren't the underdog. During the Suzuki Cup they were the underdog in nearly every match, this time round they were the favorites so they opted for a more traditional style of play + playing at home was a major advantage.

Hope the Azkals don't get carried away with the media explosion that's been following them over the past few months or so. They need to keep cool heads. The Azkals have been formed by a handful of talented individuals playing from all over the world + talented local players, it's important that they play as a team and not as individuals, and they definitely proved their worth against Mongolia.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    hehe oo nga baka magkaron ng tripping dahil sa hype sana wag naman......another is that ang layo pala ng ranking ng mongolia satin....180+ sila tayo nasa 150....so kung iisipin parang sa skill level mas malakas parin talaga tayo....

pero IMHObservation lang..... bakit parang medyo hirap parin ang azkals? I mean nanalo sila oo 2-0 pa nga...pero yung struggle nila is kung titingnan parang inde "maning mani"...hehe considering tha gap on rankings....or talagang ganon lang sa football? everygame will really pull the most out of the players regardless of the opponent?

Unlike kasi sa basketball pag pinaglaban for example yung lakers saka cavs at this point in time...siguradong kitang kita natin easy easy lang ang lakers eh...
    Last edited by locoroco777; February 10th, 2011 at 02:39 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    I hope this helps push football into the Philippines' sports limelight. The PBA is so boring nowadays I basically shut it out of my sports schedule, focusing instead on NBA, English Premier League, and on occasion, La Liga.

There are a lot of really good Pinoy football players who, because of very little corporate/government sponsorship, saw their skills wither away or switched to other sports.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    OT:
    san po ba makakabili ng azkals jersey? nagtanong na ko sa mizuno festival mall pero pang juniors lang meron eh. sa sulit naman nde ako sure kung authentic...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Malamang naka goal ang Mongolia kung wala si Aly Borromeo sa defense.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by locoroco777 View Post
    hehehe....I don't know very much about football... nasa transition period pa din ako...hehe.....di ko pa nga alam kung ano ibig sabihin nung offside eh...

pero judging from the name of the play...it really sounds exciting!
    well, offside is a rule wherein the attacker shouldn't be ahead of the defense if he has the ball

of course, you can exploit this rule if you're the defender if the enemy is counter attacking

in basketball terms, bawal mag "fast break" nang walang nakabantay sayo

kaya most of the time you'd see them go for long shots during counter attacks instead of passing through the defenders
    Last edited by safeorigin; February 10th, 2011 at 03:45 PM.
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by locoroco777 View Post

pero IMHObservation lang..... bakit parang medyo hirap parin ang azkals? I mean nanalo sila oo 2-0 pa nga...pero yung struggle nila is kung titingnan parang inde "maning mani"...hehe considering tha gap on rankings....or talagang ganon lang sa football? everygame will really pull the most out of the players regardless of the opponent?

Unlike kasi sa basketball pag pinaglaban for example yung lakers saka cavs at this point in time...siguradong kitang kita natin easy easy lang ang lakers eh...
    Well, the NBA also sees a lot of surprising upsets... like Sacramento beating the Lakers.

But yeah, football does have great upsets. In the EPL, Man U was recently beaten 2-1 by the offensively-challenged Wolves. Heck, our very own Azkals upset powerhouse Vietnam!

BTT

The Philippines is still a long way off in football, what with very few opportunities for players to develop. We do have some recreational/weekend football leagues like the ones that play in UP Diliman, but for the most part, there is very little incentive for local players to keep honing their skills to meet international-caliber play.

But, I do root strongly for the Philippine football team to make it well and do us proud.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by safeorigin View Post
    well, offside is a rule wherein the attacker shouldn't be ahead of the defense if he has the ball
    *safeorigin, maybe you meant if he (the attacker) doesn't have the ball.

Blue is on an Offside position
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...fsidelarge.svg

Blue is not on an Offisde position
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...deBallLine.svg

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    oh wait...

oo nga no

I stand corrected

yung team mate nga pala dapat yung nakahawak ng bola

but anyway, di rin pwede mag cross kapag ahead ka sa defenders kasi offside ka na rin nun

kaya limited lang ang window of opportunity if you're gonna go for defensive counter... hmmm...
    Last edited by safeorigin; February 10th, 2011 at 04:07 PM.
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    medyo malayo pa rin pala yung laro ng azkals compared sa europeans. but im glad we got the win considering the opponent was 1 man short

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
AFC Challenge Cup 2011: Go Azkals!