New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: What is your internet connection speed?

Voters
161. You may not vote on this poll
  • Above 2mbps

71 44.10%
  • Up to 2mbps

18 11.18%
  • Up to 1.5mbps

20 12.42%
  • Up to 1mbps

15 9.32%
  • Up to 768kbps

4 2.48%
  • Up to 512kbps

17 10.56%
  • Below 384kbps

14 8.70%
  • Dial-up speed (56kbps or less)

2 1.24%
Page 72 of 87 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2019
    Mukhang resolved na issue ko sa internet ko, after masaklap na apat na araw.. Sana nga tuloy-tuloy na.
    Iba pala ang feeling ng 60 Mbps.. [emoji23]
    Akala ko dati normal lang na may kaunting loading sa mobile phone ko, pero ngayon one snap lang pag-load ng apps pati Tsikot.. Isama na yung kapag ni-load ko Shopee Games.. Mabilis pala talaga [emoji2956]. screenshot_2022-06-17-09-33-23-15_79d0ff8f9752a3fc32487e6d62330a6a.jpg

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    Sir, may I ask how you are able to the modem to bridge mode? Pag tingin ko sa web interface ng globe fiber router eh very basic settings lang nakikita ko.

Also what advantages ng bridge mode? Does it mean whatever device that connects to your globe WiFi will see other devices connected to your deco m5? I'm new to the concept of bridge mode. I've been googling about it since yesterday.
    Bridge mode means that yung all-in-one modem/router/wifi ng ISP will only be a modem. The routing and wifi transmission tasks will be moved to the more capable 3rd party router (in my case the Deco M5). If you don't bridge may chance na may collision between your routers dahil pareho silang nagaagawan ng trabaho.

Medyo complicated ang pagsetup because you have to find your admin password, account PPOE password, etc pero if you Google hard enough especially if you provide your ISP makakakita ka ng step by step instructions on how to do it. Nakuha ko lang din steps from a local tech forum. When you set the modem to bridge mode kasi the account login is moved from the modem to the router so kelangan alam mo ang details before making the change. If you can't find the link let me know and I will PM you.

So ngayon ang setup ko is Globe modem > M5 > 8-port switch > other M5s and hardwired machines.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    Bridge mode means that yung all-in-one modem/router/wifi ng ISP will only be a modem. The routing and wifi transmission tasks will be moved to the more capable 3rd party router (in my case the Deco M5). If you don't bridge may chance na may collision between your routers dahil pareho silang nagaagawan ng trabaho.

Medyo complicated ang pagsetup because you have to find your admin password, account PPOE password, etc pero if you Google hard enough especially if you provide your ISP makakakita ka ng step by step instructions on how to do it. Nakuha ko lang din steps from a local tech forum. When you set the modem to bridge mode kasi the account login is moved from the modem to the router so kelangan alam mo ang details before making the change. If you can't find the link let me know and I will PM you.

So ngayon ang setup ko is Globe modem > M5 > 8-port switch > other M5s and hardwired machines.
    Ah ok. Thank you sir. Mukhang masalimuot yan. I remember trying to make my vDSL globe dati into bridge mode, I end up losing connection and had to wait for tech visit to restore it. Medyo takot na ko ngayon.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Steady lang yung PLDT namin.... hehehe

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Our antiquated PLDT DSL has been down since Sunday. A PLDT I think engineer since hindi sya mukhang line man at naka kotse sya visited us at nagulat na DSL pa kami. Baka daw ihanap kami ng connection sa fiber. I think our current DSL plan will be 100 mbps pag na convert sa fiber.

My load balancing router is 100 mbps ports. I need to upgrade to gigabit ports. I just ordered TL-R605. Anyone have experience with this? Can this handle 100 mbps + 100 mbps + 20 mbps WANs? I hope this will give me 220 mbps speedtest.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Steady lang yung PLDT namin.... hehehe
    Ours is almost similar almost 300mbps maybe we live in same location? hehe

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Our antiquated PLDT DSL has been down since Sunday. A PLDT I think engineer since hindi sya mukhang line man at naka kotse sya visited us at nagulat na DSL pa kami. Baka daw ihanap kami ng connection sa fiber. I think our current DSL plan will be 100 mbps pag na convert sa fiber.

My load balancing router is 100 mbps ports. I need to upgrade to gigabit ports. I just ordered TL-R605. Anyone have experience with this? Can this handle 100 mbps + 100 mbps + 20 mbps WANs? I hope this will give me 220 mbps speedtest.
    Kaya pala kami walang pldt since Sunday. Ninakaw daw main line, dami namin nawalan. Now they are installing fiber dahil wala na mananakaw na tanso sa fiber. Ganun pala yun para mapadali upgrade to fiber. [emoji16]

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Kaya pala kami walang pldt since Sunday. Ninakaw daw main line, dami namin nawalan. Now they are installing fiber dahil wala na mananakaw na tanso sa fiber. Ganun pala yun para mapadali upgrade to fiber. [emoji16]
    I regret upgrading to fiber, ilang months (or years?) kasi ako kinukulit ng PLDT, pabalik balik sa bahay namin and phone calls to convert to fiber until I gave in. Mostly problem free DSL namin but now I have no internet AND phone for several days now. At least sa dsl pag nagloko may landline ka pa. Ewan ko bakit everyday andito sila sa bahay at sa poste di nila masolve!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Pansin ko sa Globe masipag sa tech visit. Unlike pldt, it took 6 months bago kami na visit ng tech at nakita na nasa line yung problem.
    There's a downside to this which I realized back then when I was having intermittent signal problems with Globe. Feeling ko nun may network problem talaga sila and it makes sense to just keep on sending techs rather than admit it.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Our PLDT from 10 mbps DSL to 220 mbps fiber. [emoji4]

Kaka upgrade lang din ng globe the other day at 110 mbps.

Pinaka madaya talaga at walang kwenta eh yung Villar owned streamtech namin. Right now it is still at 20 mbps. Wala talaga kwenta pag Villar.

Choke point lang talaga eh yung load balancing which is peaking at 90 mbps. screenshot_20220618-132848.jpg
    Last edited by BratPAQ; June 18th, 2022 at 02:44 PM.

Your internet connection speed