New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post
    Tried na ... we have proxy server. It works pag postpaid plan and they give you an unlocked router pero gusto ko prepaid.
    ICS isn't prejudiced on the type of connection you're sharing. When using the prepaid USB modem on, say, a laptop, enable ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) on it and then make its IP address as the other computers' gateway IP.

HTH.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    ICS isn't prejudiced on the type of connection you're sharing. When using the prepaid USB modem on, say, a laptop, enable ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) on it and then make its IP address as the other computers' gateway IP.

HTH.

I think yung SIM card po ang naka lock ...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    meron na Sun available na router for their USB wireless internet

Salamat dito Shadow! It works, it works! Bwahahaha.

Gonna try to make it work together with my DSL now to see if it's going to make the system go faster ...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    The brand is Huawei ... kaya lang yung galing sa sun naka lock din sa sun. Any idea kung saan nakakabili nung unlocked? Or even yung isa pang brand na mas maganda daw?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post
    The brand is Huawei ... kaya lang yung galing sa sun naka lock din sa sun. Any idea kung saan nakakabili nung unlocked? Or even yung isa pang brand na mas maganda daw?
    PUP2, just for clarification lang ha.

Ang gamit mo ngayong USB modem is from SUN with a postpaid sim and the USB modem is locked?

Ngayon, kailangan mo gumamit either Globe or Smart na SIM na ilalagay sa Huawei, incase down yung SUN network? But the problem is, hindi mo magamit yung existing USB unit kasi naka lock sa SUN? True?

There's already an application leaked from Huawei developers to unlock E160 and E220. You may want to use google.

Do it at your own risk

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mey0r View Post
    PUP2, just for clarification lang ha.

Ang gamit mo ngayong USB modem is from SUN with a postpaid sim and the USB modem is locked?

Ngayon, kailangan mo gumamit either Globe or Smart na SIM na ilalagay sa Huawei, incase down yung SUN network? But the problem is, hindi mo magamit yung existing USB unit kasi naka lock sa SUN? True?

There's already an application leaked from Huawei developers to unlock E160 and E220. You may want to use google.

Do it at your own risk

No, I'm not using wireless broadband at the moment. I'm using PLDT DSL landline. But it's down because of line problems.

I used to have smartbro wireless broadband na postpaid as backup kaya lang pina cancel ko na kasi ang bagal na, ang mahal pa, madalang pa gamitin. So I wanted to go prepaid.

Anybody know yung isa pang brand other than Huawei na puwede gamitin sa ganito? Mas maganda daw yun at unlocked siya pag sa abroad binili?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Wireless LAN Help