New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I am looking for a wireless broadband provider. Looking for a PRE-PAID solution.

Currently the ones I know are:

Globe
    Smart
    SUN

Suggestions and comments are welcome.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2002
    i tried all 3 (borrowed from friends) from feb to march.

ended up getting sun postpaid. i think there shouldn't be too much of a difference between post and prepaid.

ortigas and fort area sun is giving me a pretty consistent signal, in fact when i get to higher floors minsan siya lang ang may signal.

con: terrible for *******s.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dx8976 View Post
    i tried all 3 (borrowed from friends) from feb to march.

ended up getting sun postpaid. i think there shouldn't be too much of a difference between post and prepaid.
    well, with pre-paid, the length of time before the "load" expires is important. With some providers, the load expires within 3 days. Others have a load amount that will last 60 days.

Given I don't plan to use this everyday, having a longer expiry is a definite advantage. For my "normal" access, I have the DSL connection at the office and at my home.

ortigas and fort area sun is giving me a pretty consistent signal, in fact when i get to higher floors minsan siya lang ang may signal.
    Similar experience when I used the SUN 3.5G broadband at Boni High Street. I was at Stabucks in Fully Booked and my connection was stable for the two hours I was there.

con: terrible for *******s.
    I have read about that in PhilMUG forum thread regarding 3G/3.5G wireless broadband providers.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    I'm also very curious about this.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Dito sa amin walang kwenta ang Globe wireless. Very intermittent ang conn and incosistent din ang speed. Ewan ko lang diyan sa inyong area.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I am currently using my postpaid Globe account to connect to the web. The office internet is down.

My netbook is connected via bluetooth to my Nokia 3G phone. Not that fast because my fone is 3G... not 3.5G... otherwise, its going well.

P5/15mins rate ...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Globe used to be good in our area, but at the moment, it sucks. Their expansion and modernization seems to have taken its toll on service. Haven't tried the upgraded Tattoo wireless, yet.

Smart used to be pretty bad here, but the service has improved. But we have the home-based wireless, not the portable. Still, the fact that we run three or four computers off of the wireless routed through a wireless LAN speaks of the quality of service.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mukhang ok itong new promo ng Globe sa mobile internet. As low as P0.22/min. P149.00 yata per month on top of your regular plan for 10 free hours of internet. I might subscribe to this.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Smart portable wireless here in LPC is very slow....

7909:taunt:

10. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    ^ same here in taguig..

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Wireless Broadband provider, who gives the best overall deal?