New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    anybody tried this build version on gaming, printing, burning?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Darn fast. Testing it on an old 1GHz PIII Dell Latitude C610 with a measly 640MB of RAM. Unfortunately, there's this thing with driver support for this old laptop which is understandable. Totally impressive, nevertheless.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    lovely, I do hope windows 7 get released this year.

XP kinda looks booring, Vista is slugish...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    anybody tried this build version on gaming, printing, burning?
    I haven't bought any new games in a while. But, Flight Simulator X, Pacific Fighters, IL-2 series, Command & Conquer: Generals series, Falcon 4: Allied Force, Combat Flight Simulator 2 and 3, X-Plane 9, COD 4, LOMAC, Battlefield 2 series, Command & Conquer 3, Rome: Total War series, Half Life 2 series, Battlefield 1942/Desert Combat, Homeworld 1 and 2, and European Air War all work fine.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    thanks to your feedbacks. maybe i can revive my old athlon xp-m laptop with this.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    thanks indeed.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    I haven't bought any new games in a while. But, Flight Simulator X, Pacific Fighters, IL-2 series, Command & Conquer: Generals series, Falcon 4: Allied Force, Combat Flight Simulator 2 and 3, X-Plane 9, COD 4, LOMAC, Battlefield 2 series, Command & Conquer 3, Rome: Total War series, Half Life 2 series, Battlefield 1942/Desert Combat, Homeworld 1 and 2, and European Air War all work fine.
    Hey! Did you just break into my home? You've just mentioned pretty much all my games. Damn.. I love EAW. (well... save for LOMAC, FSX)

Anyway, it's great to know those games work well. Do you have a FF controller? Does the FF work well on these games under Win7?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    a lot of speculations over the RC release of this...

this is the latest one I read:

Exclusive: Windows 7 RC set for April 10, 2009
    Sean Bradford on 20 February 2009 - 16:59 · 96 comments & 61306 views

Advertisement (Why?)
    There have been so many dates flying around concerning the upcoming Release Candidate for Windows 7, and it's beginning to become a daily subject in the blogosphere. Just when you thought that we were going to see a Windows 7 RC by the end of February, a trusted source within Microsoft has informed Neowin that the RC will not be ready by the end of February.

At this time, Windows 7 RC is internally being tested and the official release date is set for April 10, 2009. The Windows team is right on schedule with development, and if there are no significant problems over the next few weeks the April 10, 2009 release date will remain in tact.

Not much information is available at this time. We're uncertain if the release will be a world-wide, and Microsoft is expected to do more testing before releasing a RC build to the public. With that in mind, TechNet and MSDN subscribers should be the first to receive the RC build. A recent email conversation between Paul, over at GeekSmack, and Steven Sinofsky, Microsoft Senior Vice President of Windows, revealed that there have been over 500,000 suggestions since the public launch of the Windows 7 Beta.

Sinofsky mentioned that, "recently we've seen people talk about 'RC Builds' and the like. First, all builds since the beta are RC builds since by definition that is the next milestone. But by far the most humorous element has been that the build numbers blogged about are higher than our current build. Today's build is 7046, but it hasn't completed yet :-)."

Other than the UAC fixes that were highlighted earlier this month, not much is known as to what has been changed or fixed in these internal builds, we'll keep you up to date with more information as it comes our way.

Update (1:14 PM -6 GMT): Emil Protalinski over at Ars Technica has apparently spoke with Steven Sinofsky, and he has said, "The build will be available broadly". This isn't a normal thing for Microsoft to do, however we will wait and see what Microsoft has in store for us in the coming weeks.
    http://www.neowin.net/news/main/09/0...pril-10th-2009

april 10, crosses fingers. O baka april fools na naman.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ess View Post
    Hey! Did you just break into my home? You've just mentioned pretty much all my games. Damn.. I love EAW. (well... save for LOMAC, FSX)

Anyway, it's great to know those games work well. Do you have a FF controller? Does the FF work well on these games under Win7?
    FF?

Controllers have been working great on Windows since XP. Win7 Beta's no exception. I prefer a flight yoke and rudder pedals for flight sims. My CH pedals broke a while back. Right now, I'm using a Logitech joystick with a handle "twist" to simulate rudders. I'll eventually buy a new set of pedals.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    FF?

Controllers have been working great on Windows since XP. Win7 Beta's no exception. I prefer a flight yoke and rudder pedals for flight sims. My CH pedals broke a while back. Right now, I'm using a Logitech joystick with a handle "twist" to simulate rudders. I'll eventually buy a new set of pedals.
    FF = Force Feedback.

I also have a logitech twist controller (Strike Force 3D). I've yet to try pedals though. But I'm sure they're much better than the twist handle. I'm having a hard time keeping my rudders centered in IL2, even if I increase the deadzone.

Anyway, it's great to know game controllers are not left out in Win7. I'll have something to look forward to.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Windows 7. Yes. On my Celeron with 768MB RAM.