1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    I've just installed Windows 7 beta on my Compaq M2235 with these specs:

Celeron M 1.5ghz
    768MB RAM
    40GB HDD (split into 2 partitions)
    128MB shared video memory
    DVD combo drive

Now, these are the specs we normally associate with typing jobs and spreadsheets, but Windows 7 is currently running well on this thing unlike the Vista incident. As of this moment, it runs much faster than XP on this same computer even compared to a fresh installation of XP. It doesn't have Aero though, but that's not much to rant about since the problem's just the graphics driver of the Intel 915GM, which they programmed not to run Aero although most speculate it can. Now I can believe that Windows 7 will run on Pentium III's. Installation is uncomparable. Period.

Now I have a proper replacement for my ageing XP.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    anong build version gamit mo?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto_minosa View Post
    I've just installed Windows 7 beta on my Compaq M2235 with these specs:

Celeron M 1.5ghz
    768MB RAM
    40GB HDD (split into 2 partitions)
    128MB shared video memory
    DVD combo drive

Now, these are the specs we normally associate with typing jobs and spreadsheets, but Windows 7 is currently running well on this thing unlike the Vista incident. As of this moment, it runs much faster than XP on this same computer even compared to a fresh installation of XP. It doesn't have Aero though, but that's not much to rant about since the problem's just the graphics driver of the Intel 915GM, which they programmed not to run Aero although most speculate it can. Now I can believe that Windows 7 will run on Pentium III's. Installation is uncomparable. Period.

Now I have a proper replacement for my ageing XP.
    The desktop is very responsive, much more so than XP. However, copying files and running games still have shades of Vista slowness on my laptop although to be fair the laptop has a 250gb 4200 rpm SATA hard drive.

Windows 7 is fine on my desktop pc.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I guess I was being conservative when I said earlier Windows 7 Beta was as quick as XP on my desktop pc. And that's with full Aero enabled.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    anong build version gamit mo?
    Build 7000. Takot kasi ako na hindi ma-crack bago mag-expire sa August eh.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Yep, mas mabagal mag-copy kesa XP. Pero tradeoff na rin kasi mas stable itong Win 7. Madalas kasi tumigil ang response ng XP.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I see, thanks. looking forward to the official release. sabi daw nga nila, it was even built that a pentium 3 could ran on it...

there is also a built 7000 lite version, about 1.43gb installer

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Yep, saw that on a couple of ******* sites. Installation ko Win 7 galing sa ******* pero Beta License. Legal at last! Kahit 6 months lang. Hehehehehe...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I'm pretty sure there are 7000 build versions that do not expire outhere. not too legal. but is beta really illegal?
    Last edited by rion; March 29th, 2009 at 07:33 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    betas are not illegal, actually there are keys for win 7 beta all the way up to rc. betas were made to be used by testers, to reveal flaws in the code and correct them before releasing the final product. these betas are to be used at your own risk.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Yep it's legal, I'm using a key provided by Microsoft for free. No major bugs found so far. And on expiration, I've already found a hack which freezes the OS-halt timebomb. I haven't applied it yet, though.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Windows 7. Yes. On my Celeron with 768MB RAM.