New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    I'm also in the market for a new fan. Loyal Panasonic & KDK din ako.

Pero I just saw a couple of electric fans that claim to have an IONIZER function.
    Anyone here bought one of those models? Effective ba yung IONIZER feature niya?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Panasonic and KDK are very good. Yung bentilador na gamit ko ngayon matanda pa sa bahay namin.

As for the plastic used for the blades, I actually find the current "flexible" fan blades to be much more durable than the old "makunat" plastic on our older fans (brittle and easily broken). Metal blades are no doubt durable, but they're also very noisy and dangerous if there are little kids in the house - hence they're more suited for industrial applications. Not that there's any shortage on spare blades - yung bentilador ko dito pangatlong blade na niya ata ito heheh.

*ess: Ionizers are worthless. They just create harmful low-altitude ozone and do not do much in actually cleaning the air. A CRT TV screen attracting dust serves a better "ionizer".
    Last edited by Alpha_One; July 14th, 2007 at 09:38 AM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Our old fans are from Standard and 3D..But I had a bad experience with the 3D deskfan "coolwind series" that I bought last year. After about 4months its rotor is already stuck-up!ang tigas nung blade pag iniikot and it emits a high-pitched sound..tried a DIY approach by disassembling the motor part (dahil na rin sa asar) and put some oil, but to no avail..never bothered to bring it back to the shop to avail of its warranty..pag kasi mga "small" things parang too much hassle ung magke-claim pa warranty (imagine the thought of carrying a good-as-junk material)...now i stay away from the 3D brand..i tried the Cool Air brand from ACE Hardware..so far so good..that's why I already have 2 units..got the 1st one on-sale (trial lang) and the 2nd unit on a regular price..

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    sa haus namin puro standard ang electric fan...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Standard Electric Fan the best talaga hanggang ngayon buhay pa yun unit namin na alluminum pa ang mga blades.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    yung standard na electric fan circa 1960s nandito pa ren buhay, pero nung araw kase all metal yung fans kaya matibay talaga.

based on our experience:

dowell
    standard
    3D

yung tumatagal samen.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ma revive nga ang topic na ito kasi umiinit na uli :sweat:

Panasonic - I bought two Panasonic stand fans two years ago and it seems they don't make them like they used to as far as their fan lines are concerned. Both fans started to deteriorate after a year - one takes almost 5 minutes to start spinning, the other stopped oscillating and is noisy (tried to oil both but they worked for a week only). Now I'm fed up with Panasonic fans (OT their Plasma TVs are nice though).

Union - this is one fan in our house that is more than 20 years old. Bought in the late 80s and this is a local brand. I'm now inclined to buy this brand again because the other 2 Union fans we have are also more than 10 years old and still without problems. The other brands Standard and 3D are also still spinning.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Sa Standard ako. Nagana pa yung standard Electric fan namin na matanda lang ako ng isang linggo(BIRTHyear 197_). Sabi kasi ni erpat nung pinanganak ako halos isang linggo binili nila yung electric fan na yun sa Carriedo. Bakal lahat from elisi to base pwera pindutan(meron pa ba nito). hehehe

Nung nag asawa ako, nung kinuha ko mga personal things ko sa bahay hiningi ko kay erpat ang E-Fan na yun isinama ko sa lipatan...

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    standard or asahi for us

standard subok ang tibay kaya lang nagiging maingay habang tumatagal. . .mabigat kasi ang blade kaya natatagtag nang husto ang mga plastic parts

as for asahi, when we bought a stand fan recently, we chose asahi because of the satisfaction we got from an old asahi deskfan we have been using for the last 5 yrs pero walang pagbabago ang andar, tahimik pa rin and it doesn;t fail to start everytime you press the switch

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    3D Retro fan.

Have three of them. Bought it because the motor is huge compared to the size of the fan... most desk fans have bigger blades and smaller motors... and wear out really fast. The Retro has a big motor, and since it's mated to a small-diameter blade set, it's relatively unstressed.

Our oldest one was bought in 06. Used almost every day since then. Slightly slower than when it was new, but still very quick at full speed, and has needed nothing but occasional cleaning. Other fans we've bought have lost power or even ground to a stop in just a year or two. The Retro is almost as powerful and as durable as the 3D Industrial Turbo Fan (love those babies), but it looks nicer and the finer shroud grille (which is also very durable) and plastic blade-set make it safer and prettier looking.

Twice the price of the cheap fans... but worth it. Has lasted four years (and counting)... Fans we've bought for half-the cost only last a year each before needing a rewind or rebuild. Our air out here is very dusty, and we go through fans very quickly.
    Last edited by niky; March 24th, 2010 at 07:49 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
What's the most durable electric fan?/Electric Fans Talk