iPhone 6s user here.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Got my wife's Note² and MOTO G LTE.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Hi everyone,

I am not sure if I can post my issue with my dad's iPhone 5s here. My dad went to Miami, FL last week for work. We bought him an iPhone 5s used from my friend. It was 3 months old. It was working fine here sa Pinas, bought a sim from Globe and it was already roaming activated before he left however upon arrival in Miami the signal indicator showed No Service. We already follwed what Globe said however still no service. He tried restarting the iPhone and removed the sim still same issue. Can anyone give me ideas why this is happening?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    My ever reliable note 3

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    May 2016
    Mansanas 6s.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Xperia Z5 dual from grey market, since di naman ok after sales nila dito di ko na kinuha yung 'official warranty', saved 10K from SRP pa. Lol

Sent from my E6683 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by carwhacko View Post
    Hi everyone,

I am not sure if I can post my issue with my dad's iPhone 5s here. My dad went to Miami, FL last week for work. We bought him an iPhone 5s used from my friend. It was 3 months old. It was working fine here sa Pinas, bought a sim from Globe and it was already roaming activated before he left however upon arrival in Miami the signal indicator showed No Service. We already follwed what Globe said however still no service. He tried restarting the iPhone and removed the sim still same issue. Can anyone give me ideas why this is happening?
    I think it has something to do with ESN, if a phone for example has been flagged as stolen or the previous owner failed to settle the balance, the original carrier will block the phone in its network.

Read this in an online store selling used phones from the US. Some units have Clear ESN, while some can't be used in the US (Bad ESN).

9. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    LG G4

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by LancerA174A View Post
    I think it has something to do with ESN, if a phone for example has been flagged as stolen or the previous owner failed to settle the balance, the original carrier will block the phone in its network.

Read this in an online store selling used phones from the US. Some units have Clear ESN, while some can't be used in the US (Bad ESN).

Hi thanks for the input sir. Is there any way that I will know how to distinguished if it is a BAD ESN?

So if it has BAD ESN sir, is it only applicable in the US? Since we were able to use it here in the Philippines using the same sim and network.
    Last edited by carwhacko; May 19th, 2016 at 08:34 AM.