New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Some food for thought: What happens to your social media accounts if you die?

DIto sa Tsikot, can one's heirs/successors gain access to the account?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I think there is a feature on facebook for people who have passed away called memorialisation.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i guess, it would depend on the partner if it is to continue.
    my high school classmate who died last february had his account continued by his wife.

pero ako, personally, tingin ko, magiging inactive lang. di na gagalawin ito ni esmi.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if they know the password then why not. my very good friend died last year, his FB account is being maintained by his eldest daughter.

pero may mas important dyan. ang dapat isa pang alam ng heirs is the ATM PIN. dapat alam ng asawa o anak, or closest relative na kung mawawala ka e dun mo din naman gusto iwanan ang naitabi mo ang PIN ng atm mo. at kung checking account naman, magiwan ka ng isang blank check sa isang envelop na i-open lang pag namatay ka na, and of course keep track of the balance din naman so they know what amount to write on the check. saves your heirs the trouble of getting your money from the bank (and preventing the government to take part, or even all of it if you die intestate.) if it is a non-atm or non-checking account, enroll it with internet banking, and leave the password with your spouse. then link it to an account where they can transfer the amount later via internet.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Technically bawal galawin ang pera sa bank ng namatay - lalo na kung hindi naman joint account. It has to undergo a court process as inheritance.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    if they know the password then why not. my very good friend died last year, his FB account is being maintained by his eldest daughter.

pero may mas important dyan. ang dapat isa pang alam ng heirs is the ATM PIN. dapat alam ng asawa o anak, or closest relative na kung mawawala ka e dun mo din naman gusto iwanan ang naitabi mo ang PIN ng atm mo. at kung checking account naman, magiwan ka ng isang blank check sa isang envelop na i-open lang pag namatay ka na, and of course keep track of the balance din naman so they know what amount to write on the check. saves your heirs the trouble of getting your money from the bank (and preventing the government to take part, or even all of it if you die intestate.) if it is a non-atm or non-checking account, enroll it with internet banking, and leave the password with your spouse. then link it to an account where they can transfer the amount later via internet.
    Good points bro.yebo....

20.4K:froggy:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post

actually, this was one of our problems when my dad died... walang nakakaalam ng PIN. i think he had some 80k stashed in there. goin thru the process on having that transferred to my mom would be time consuming and would entail expenses na baka pag tinuloy, aabutin ng mga 30k. so hinayaan na lang namin.

phoenix, correct, but kung atm lang naman, how would they know?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix67 View Post
    Technically bawal galawin ang pera sa bank ng namatay - lalo na kung hindi naman joint account. It has to undergo a court process as inheritance.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    actually, this was one of our problems when my dad died... walang nakakaalam ng PIN. i think he had some 80k stashed in there. goin thru the process on having that transferred to my mom would be time consuming and would entail expenses na baka pag tinuloy, aabutin ng mga 30k. so hinayaan na lang namin.

phoenix, correct, but kung atm lang naman, how would they know?
    And pag pinabayaan on a prescribed period of time I just can't remember how long sa guideline ng BSP... The money left in the bank by the deceased person will be given to the government....

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    10 years dormant the money gets reverted to the bsp.

bawal nga, even if joint kasi you need to state that the co-owner of the account is still alive. but that is why you do it not inside the bank premises where the bank manager will see you. kaya nga atm, checking and internet banking.

my late father had more than 500k in his atm. when he died we just widrew the money 40k at a time (his widrawal limit) and deposited it to our mom's account. no hassle. at the end what was left was "barya", an amount the atm could not dispense (less than P100). of course we did not let the bank find out that he already passed away.
    Last edited by yebo; August 1st, 2013 at 10:35 AM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    It will be in limbo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
What happens to your digital accounts if you die/become infirmed?