New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 367 of 678 FirstFirst ... 267317357363364365366367368369370371377417467 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,670 of 6780
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Hmm, makadaan nga [emoji75]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    paano pala nabibiktima yung mga pawnshop sa news?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    paano pala nabibiktima yung mga pawnshop sa news?
    please explain po.
    hindi ko ma-intindihan ang tanong.

but if it is what i think it is,
    google "pawnshop stars". even seasoned pawnshops do get gypped from time to time.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    dok, kasi kung hindi sa jewels ano basehan ba sa watch para masabi quality. And yung bigat anong purpose?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    dok, kasi kung hindi sa jewels ano basehan ba sa watch para masabi quality. And yung bigat anong purpose?
    in the olden times, these bearings were really made of jewels. hence the name.
    today, "jewels" are ... "dime a dozen". but some folks feel that the more the jewels, the better the quality.
    and if the watch is heavier, it is because the manufacturer made use of more metal, thereby imparting a more robust construction.
    but yes, there are always exceptions.

so, on what do pawnshops base their valuation?
    perceived market value of the item! they do not make money because they bought your expensive watch, cheap. they make money because of the interest on the "loan", and also because they are able to sell your un-redeemed watch at a good profit.
    hey! nag-i-internet and google din sila! for example, google "fake rolex", and you will drown in the volume of material... then, there's "...ten best or most popular or..." watches...
    binubuksan din nila ang reloj, to verify if the makinarya inside is indeed real rolex and not fake solex.
    google "pawn stars", and you will read that even seasoned pawnshop operators are gypped once in a while.

pawnshops accept pawned items, with profit in mind.
    they might accept broken seiko 5s... and non-running expensive (daw) de baterya na reloj. of course, "barat" is the guiding principle.
    puedeng kahuyin o pa-andarin muli ang popular mechanical watch. kung mamalasin, ay mahirap katayin o hindi sulit buhayin ang de-bateryang sira.

if there are pawnshop operators here, i would be very interested in their stories.
    Last edited by dr. d; January 19th, 2019 at 12:33 PM.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    There is a FB page SEIKO & ORIENT WATCH CLUB, resellers of new & pre-loved watches. Pretty decent prices. Anyone here tried them?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    There is a FB page SEIKO & ORIENT WATCH CLUB, resellers of new & pre-loved watches. Pretty decent prices. Anyone here tried them?

The bigger and more organized group is called Seiko Watch Club of the Philippines (SWCP). Once you're a member, you can also join the SWCP Marketplace.

This is where I've bought most of my Seikos and Orients so far.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    The bigger and more organized group is called Seiko Watch Club of the Philippines (SWCP). Once you're a member, you can also join the SWCP Marketplace.

This is where I've bought most of my Seikos and Orients so far.

Thanks for this. Looking for a gift for my son. One that caught my eye is the Seiko Sea Urchin. Priced at P6,300 bnib. No rush though. I will look at that SWCP. Thanks again.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    Thanks for this. Looking for a gift for my son. One that caught my eye is the Seiko Sea Urchin. Priced at P6,300 bnib. No rush though. I will look at that SWCP. Thanks again.

if son is a pisay,
    they have a sea urchin commemorative watch.
    it costs an arm and a leg, but what the heck.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    if son is a pisay,
    they have a sea urchin commemorative watch.
    it costs an arm and a leg, but what the heck.
    No, he’s not. He just came from a regular school. I am just scouting for a nice grad gift for him. Nothing fancy, though. I still have Med school expenses to prepare for.

What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]