New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 188 of 678 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192198238288 ... LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 6780
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    whats the movement of a seiko kinetic? automatic/mech or quartz? it needs a charger?
    anyway a winder is available online or even sa shops in greenhills madami din. bought mine 7 yrs ago and still working. although sometimes i dont plug it.

Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    To those who own a Seiko Kinetic watch, how do YOU charge it if you don't get to wear it often enough?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    You could get a winder, or have a friend wear it for you.

Re: Rolex service it is surprisingly affordable, relatively. A lot of watchmakers outside RSC can service their movements, specially the 3135.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Do you own a Kinetic watch? What specific winder do YOU use?
    i think any winder will work on an automatic. readily available and the cheaper ones will suffice. you dont have to use the expensive maple wood made ones

3. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    My thoughts too. I'd just let it consume its reserve power, and reset as needed.

I have this specific date of the month that I change my watch. Though sometimes, nakakalimutan ko, hehe. In doing so, I only need to change the time, but not the date.
    yup that was my idea before too. but i had to get a winder when my tudor stopped. RSC said it was inevitable because i didnt use it for almost a year. so now once week, i plug the winder so the other mechs/autos dont suffer the same fate

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^

How much was RSC service for your Tudor? If you don't mind.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    ^

How much was RSC service for your Tudor? If you don't mind.
    naku bro nkalimutan ko na exact amount tagal na but im sure its between 7-9k

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    I don't have a winder. Personally I don't like the idea that the watch is wearing away while running when not in use.

You could check WUS forums and you'll find that charging a Kinetic works for some winders depending on the winder and the Kinetic model.

Here's someone selling a charger in ebay but not worth it imho.
    Very Rare Seiko Kinetic Charger Brand New And Boxed YT02A | eBay

I don't have a kinetic myself but my dad had one. The case wore away long time ago.

Just trying to help. I don't understand the attitude.
    Sorry, my question was directed at people who owns one and knows first hand how to charge these watches. No offense.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by beebee View Post
    whats the movement of a seiko kinetic? automatic/mech or quartz? it needs a charger?
    anyway a winder is available online or even sa shops in greenhills madami din. bought mine 7 yrs ago and still working. although sometimes i dont plug it.

How many types of Kinetic charging mechanisms are there? All I know is it's similar to traditional automatics but instead of winding a spring, it turns a small generator. Another difference, based on my limited research, is that the Kinetic doesn't charge well using traditional watch winders. It needs fast movements, like a jolt, to move the charging mechanism sufficiently fast enough to generate electricity.

My dad owns several automatics and a few Kinetics. He has a winder, an MTE WTS4. It charges the mechanical automatics fine but not quite as effective on the Kinetics, it seems.

I own a single-compartment chinese winder myself which I bought from Lazada. Charges up my Seiko 5 Map Meter, ready to wear on a whim.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    How many types of Kinetic charging mechanisms are there? All I know is it's similar to traditional automatics but instead of winding a spring, it turns a small generator. Another difference, based on my limited research, is that the Kinetic doesn't charge well using traditional watch winders. It needs fast movements, like a jolt, to move the charging mechanism sufficiently fast enough to generate electricity.

My dad owns several automatics and a few Kinetics. He has a winder, an MTE WTS4. It charges the mechanical automatics fine but not quite as effective on the Kinetics, it seems.

I own a single-compartment chinese winder myself which I bought from Lazada. Charges up my Seiko 5 Map Meter, ready to wear on a whim.

i see. then you hav no choic but to use it

9. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    To those who own a Seiko Kinetic watch, how do YOU charge it if you don't get to wear it often enough?
    I have one Seiko Kinetic, bought year 2000, makinis pa rin, according sa Manual nun when you wear it you have shake your wrist about 5times, im not using for almost 7yrs na, pero gumagana pa rin naman..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

10. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Thread really picked up! Well here's my Japan haul. Got the "6rMas". Every store was sold out buti nalang yodobashi had an extra one in store but had to go back after 3 days. Love how it sits on your wrist, and the bezel is amazing. Minsan deep blue, black, and even green sometimes. Im done for the immediate future!

Edit: Cant attach pics, dont know why.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

What brand of watch do you wear? [Merged]