New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ^Hey Mr. Robert Langdon! Didnt know you like cars as well. [emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by brushless View Post
    Another European cross on this ancient tribal cloth:

European version:

On the right side of the cloth, you'll notice a wheel. This looks like the Yule wheel or the Witches' wheel.

---

This is really strange. No European missionaries should exist yet. It's all dated B.C.
    one can think of it as a Religious symbol.
    one can think of it as a useful or versatile engineering structure.
    one can see it as a useful geometic design.
    one can see it as an attractive or artful figure.

whatever the reason, the effect is the same: "it gets used."

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    ^Hey Mr. Robert Langdon! Didnt know you like cars as well. [emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    why not!
    some of langdon's cars were defying gravity and spewing out tremendous destructive force, long before modern man even knew what petroleum was.

"connections."
    i loved that program.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    According to these references:

The cross is a pre-Christian symbol and had existed in Asia long before the history of Europe began. We must acknowledge its prevalence throughout the continent, and shall probably led to the conclusion that it was symbol of nature worship” – Myths and symbols; or, Aboriginal religions in America by Stephen Denison Peet, p. 185

The use of the cross as a religious symbol in pre-Christian times, and among non-Christian peoples, may probably be regarded as almost universal, and in very many cases it was connected with some form of nature worship.” – Encyclopedia Britannica, p. 506

---

I guess that answers my question.

During ancient Babylon, the cross was used as a tool for execution. Many criminals were meted the death penalty through the crucifixion method. In fact, ancient Japan also used this execution method:

"Crucifixion in Japan took various forms and was used to punish thieves, threats to public order, and religious enemies alike. It's unclear when crucifixion was introduced into Japan – historians theorize it happened anywhere from the 12th to the 16th century – but the Japanese added their own twists and turns to the longstanding method of execution. "

"As a means of punishment, crucifixion was used to inflict pain, suffering, and humiliation on offenders and enemies. From ancient Babylon, Assyria, and Persia, onward through the Greek and Roman periods, through to the rise and spread of Christianity, it was meant to shock the body, cause slow asphyxiation, and perhaps even incite cardiac arrest within a few hours at the least, days at the most. The person crucified was also subjected to the elements – wind, heat, rain – projectiles hurled at them, taunts and ridicule, and even fires lit under them to make a bad situation even worse.

By the time it entered Japan, crucifixion had nearly 2,000 years of history behind it. Crucifixion is most often associated the death of Jesus, but its widespread and long-term use in the ancient world created a practice that was adaptable and subject to the whims of political, religious, and social leaders. The Japanese practiced haritsuke, which included spearing the strung up person to death."

Ref: "https://www.ranker.com/list/history-of-japanese-crucifixion/melissa-sartore"

But, I'm curious why the cross was used instead of stoning or beheading which was much easier to do. I believe this has something to do with human sacrifice using criminals as an offering. The cross symbolizes a god the ancients worship and I'm going to elaborate further on my next posts when I have the time.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    The pictures you posted confirms what I have studied about the ancient Babylon Religion. These can serve as a factual reference, not just pictures that are found in books.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Robert Langdon of Angels and Demons? lol.

Sort of. But, I do prefer it to be called "Project Prometheus" (the film).

I've been doing this for 10 years now as my personal quest. A decade of searching for clues and finding answers, traveling here and there, to and fro, to the heavens above and to the Earth below. Exposed to different cultures, people and languages. Lots of eureka moments and I'm almost done. Yay! lol

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    They needed something to tie the person being punished hence, the cross in fact there are several ways to tie a person in an upright position the "X" and "T" are the most common of them and are the easiest to make. During the time of Jesus crucifixion is still the common practice in punishing criminals, Jesus was accused and sentenced as a criminal and the rest was history...

8. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    the enterprise was able to do it, with a good degree of control.
    of course, they had, by our standards, almost unlimited dilithium power.
    Well, that's science fiction. No spaceship can go faster than light as what the Dilithium is used for. Approaching almost the speed of light would require the energy of the entire universe. That's what the math shows. lol

Warp speed is really a primitive way to travel through space. I don't think a highly advanced civilization like Star Trek's would ever use speed to travel distant galaxies. They would use gravity to warp space-time instead to create a wormhole.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2017

Hope to catch this tomorrow. The longest lunar eclipse this century.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    I didn't get to witness this lunar eclipse because it was cloudy that night. But, that's totally fine. Not my first time to see it. lol

I bask in the light of the blood moon as it's a very important event for me.

I went to the pool wondering about until I rested on this chair for a moment. It was a very quiet night and not a single soul was around. It was also dimly lit. Ultimate bliss. So rejuvenating. So relaxing.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast