Page 14 of 85 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    The 6 Types of Gamer Reactions to Losing an Online Match

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ess View Post
    RE: DUNEII
    Hahaha.. .I can still recite from memory the opening dialog from that game.

RE: Dungeon Keeper
    I wish they'd do a 1:1 accurate remake of that for modern machines. I'm currently playing DK on Android. It's a far cry from the fun that used to be DK.

RE: Tie Fighter
    Now that one -- that was the first game that I fired up after installing my first WaveTable based Sound Card (AWE32).
    And I was literally floored by the intro music.
    The problems with some of those games are the media they're in. For example, my copy of Dune 2 comes in 3.5" floppies. They're getting worn out. Good thing I made images out of them a few years ago. I have the Tie Fighter Collector's Edition CD-ROM along with the Dungeon Keeper CD. They're both pretty scratched up.

Among other old MS-DOS games I still have are Day of the Tentacle, Secret of Monkey Island (1 and 2), Crusader: No Remorse, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Steel Panthers, Pacific Air War Gold, etc.

Heck. I still have the original Doom. It's one of three copies (priced as one game) I got from id. I preordered the game a year in advance. One copy I opened and played. A second copy I sold for full price. The last one I packed away unopened. It came in a box that looked like it was assembled by hand. The lid was sealed by a piece of scotch tape with someone's fingerprints on it. A reminder of id's humble shareware beginnings.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Have you seen DOOM compiled to run inside an Canon Printer?
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPWi5yJK3zo]Printer Hacked to play DOOM! - YouTube[/ame]

4. Join Date
    Dec 2004

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Are you the amorous duo?

The 6 Types of Gamer Couples

Last edited by Monseratto; November 7th, 2014 at 11:01 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ess View Post
    Have you seen DOOM compiled to run inside an Canon Printer?
    Not that one. But, I've seen Doom compiled for other devices. My programming skills aren't the best. To me, being able to do such things is cool stuff.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Trying out FIFA 15.....

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    RE: Dungeon Keeper
    I wish they'd do a 1:1 accurate remake of that for modern machines. I'm currently playing DK on Android. It's a far cry from the fun that used to be DK.
    My wife was a mean Dungeon Keeper player back in the day. She beat the game before I did.

Now, she wants to play it again. But, running the original CD game in VirtualBox or DOSBox isn't optimal. So, we decided to buy the GoG version of Dungeon Keeper Gold which had all the hard work (mainly resolution adjustments) already done.

It still runs via DOSBox. But, everything (including the 3d acceleration support) has been automated. Compare this to the one I had running in VirtualBox with MS-DOS 6.22.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Far Cry 4. Sweet.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    More Far Cry 4. I looove this game. The honey badgers are a trip.

I kinda hate to kill them because they've chased away bigger predators who were after me.

Videogames anyone?