New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 85 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by flakez View Post
    most likely don nya nga nakuha yung handle. hehehe.

gusto ko din sana bumili ng 360 kaso takot ako sa 3rl. hehehe.
    Bili ka ng Falcon Xbox 360. Low chance of getting 3RL. My first XBox also dies with 3RL, now I have a Falcon for a year now and everything is fine.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    tidus from final fantasy X?

magkano na po ba pinakamura na Xbox 360 modified?

may P10,000 sa tipidpc, ok po ba yan? gusto ko talaga laro HALO 3 at RE5 soon.
    Yep tidus for FFX. I don't know na prices ngayon pero yung mga new Xbox 360 resistant na sya to modification (or flashing as the community calls it in order to play illegal games). Pag ako sayo mag legit ka na lang. Xbox 360 experience is not complete without Xbox Live. Masya mag Xbox Live especially games like Gears of War 2. Pag nagmodify ka siguradong banned ka na from Xbox Live and that is not fun.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    na kakatakot pala yang 3RL

can a falcon be modified? modified lang sana una console ko. tapos later, kung may bigger budget na. orig na for online gaming...

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Not all falcon consoles can be modified yung mga luma pwede pero kung ngayon ka lang bibili hindi na pwede. They did something kasi sa DVD-ROM drive kaya unflashable na siya. Dati kasi they use a solid state chip to store the BIOS of the DVD-ROM. What the pirates do is change the BIOS by erasing the original BIOS and replace whith a hacked BIOS thus the DVD-ROM will accept illegal discs. Now I don't know how M$ did it, the BIOS is no longer stored in a solid state chip so hindi nila mapalitan yung original BIOS.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I see, thanks for the info Tidus. btw, bakit po ba nag 3rl yung unang unit mo? pinamodified mo ba?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Stock o modified, sakit talaga ng unang XBox 360 yang 3RL. Kaka-rush ng Microsoft ilabas yang 360 sa market, na-leche ang quality control ... if there was any at all.

It's basically an issue about overheating. When the temperature inside the console gets too hot, the mobo warps a bit and the solder points of the CPU (or GPU) suffer hairline cracks ... resulting in hardware failure hence the indication on the front panel of the three red lights of death. AFAIK, Microsoft began using a new motherboard on consoles made from June 2006 (yata). Incidentally, the new XBox 360 Falcon uses less power. It comes with a smaller 175w power supply.

Anyway, all XBox 360's now have a 3yr warranty on 3RL (and on 3RL only) and covers even the earliest XBox 360's. For other failures the standard 1 year warranty applies.

My Xbox 360 was among those prone to 3RL. It has gone kaput 2 days ago. It's the graphics chip that went bust (E74 error code, one single red light). It's more than a year old, so it's out of warranty ... and since it's not 3RL, I was told by MS that they would have to charge me to fix it and the repair will take 4 to 6 weeks.

I still think it was worth the [SIZE=4][SIZE=2]£[/SIZE][/SIZE]300+ we paid for it more than 2 years ago.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    You know its even a bigger problem here in the Philippines if that happens because we are not a supported country so we are not covered by a warranty. Pero daming mga 3RL doctors nagsulputan ginawang negosyo ang pagaayos ng 3RL.

By the way, add nyo ako sa friends list nyo my Xbox Live ID is tidus1203, my PSN ID for PS3 is also tidus1203.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I'm not that big into gaming anymore. But, I want to play FSX hardcore (multi-monitor, Track-IR, etc) like this one as soon as the wife lets me.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    thanks for the info guys. nge, ipagliban ko siguro plans ko bili. bili sana ako dyan sa maynila eh. but kakatakot baka ma 3rl. ang layo ko pa naman. at kung falcon naman, baka di ma modify. dito sa amin 20,000+ pa yung xbox360. sobrang mahal...
    Last edited by rion; December 14th, 2008 at 03:55 PM.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Ang mahal nga diyan. Ilang GB yung kasama na harddisk?

Yung Xbox 360 Arcade dito (no HDD, no HDTV cable) mura na. I saw a retail shop selling it for £114 (about P8k) so I grabbed one for my youngest son ... the one who REALLY owned the Xbox that died. I just transferred the HDD and the HDTV cable of the old Xbox, and he's back in business on Xbox Live.

BTW, puro Falcon na nga mga lumalabas dito ngayon.

My other son has just received a Christmas gift today (not from us), just a few hours after I bought the Falcon Xbox 360 ... WTH, it's another Falcon Xbox 360.

Page 2 of 85 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
Videogames anyone?