New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    sa 22" siya gamit. all high and 2x AA

HD4850:

9600GT:

it's not bad, but noticable po siya. Area 3 performs quite differently from other areas. even not looking at the numbers, pansin ko na talaga.

from what I read here, AA hurts the Ati bad.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performan...tml#post196170
    Last edited by rion; December 22nd, 2009 at 10:58 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    sa 22" siya gamit. all high and 2x AA

HD4850:

9600GT:

it's not bad, but noticable po siya. Area 3 performs quite differently from other areas. even not looking at the numbers, pansin ko na talaga.

from what I read here, AA hurts the Ati bad.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performan...tml#post196170

Ok. So you run it just a notch higher than mine. I thought you were running at 1920x1200 or something.

I use 2xAA on Crysis and Flight Simulator X. On X-Plane 9, I think I have it jacked all the way up to 8xAA. On Bioshock and Oblivion I have AA at least at 2XAA. I'm sure the frame rates are impacted. But not where game smoothness is affected. At least not at 1440x900.

In the end, it's the game smoothness and not the numbers that matter. I usually turn off the frame counter if my minimum frame rates are 24 or higher for fps games and 15 for flight sims.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I just made benchies without AA.

Area 3 is still slower but no more laggy character movements.

I don't really notice AA differences in games, unless maybe it's a non-moving image. Then anything less than 50fps looks a bit laggy. smooth motion matters most, than rough image edges for me.

hehe... good thing I don't play crysis anymore.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I just made benchies without AA.

Area 3 is still slower but no more laggy character movements.

I don't really notice AA differences in games, unless maybe it's a non-moving image. Then anything less than 50fps looks a bit laggy. smooth motion matters most, than rough image edges for me.

hehe... good thing I don't play crysis anymore.
    At least you finished Crysis. You did, right? . Me? I refused to buy it when it first came out because it was such a hog. So, I'm just playing it now along with most games of the past two years.

I do a lot of stealth in Crysis which is slower paced and also easier on frame rates. Without AA, the jaggies are noticeable especially when the leaves are on your face.

I could get better frame rates with DS9 (40's consistent with Catalyst 9.12). But, the DX10 light and shadow effects look better. If I do go higher res like say full 1080P, I'll have to settle for DX9 highest settings which is fine.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    No, haven't finished it. I don't enjoy stealthy games like Metal Gear. I just like to point and shoot. no patience required. hehe...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    No, haven't finished it. I don't enjoy stealthy games like Metal Gear. I just like to point and shoot. no patience required. hehe...
    Ahhhhhh. A Run n Gun type. I used to be one too. I even got my circle-strafing down to an art. But, I haven't seen a pure point and shoot game since GLQuake, Quake 2, and Unreal Tournament.

Nowadays, most games require at least some stealth or cover and circle-strafing has become a forgotten art.

You should re-try the last few levels of Crysis since they're mostly rail shooters. You know, point and shoot. *ugh*
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; December 23rd, 2009 at 10:11 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ok will try it again. my last stage was where the hero saved a girl and met the other soldier. will never forget "yankee,coward"

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ok will try it again. my last stage was where the hero saved a girl and met the other soldier. will never forget "yankee,coward"
    Well, that's either at Level 2 where another female was rescued (from interrogation) and I had to kill two tanks (while Psycho led the chick to safety) or the end of Level 6 inside the mine where I posted the tush of that other chick and KPA honcho General Kyong was killed.

There's a lot of similar levels in between. But, the game gives you an option to run and gun if you want. It's just harder both on staying alive and the frame rates. It's more pleasing for me to do a combination of both.

But, there's no way I'll survive running and gunning against an 8-man patrol and have other patrols on their heels. The AI of the KPA is actually quite good especially once they discover you. Their flanking attacks have caught me off guard more than once especially at that one level at night where they were trying to corner Nomad from 4 directions in the forest. That's where the cloak/stealth method was really exhilarating.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; December 24th, 2009 at 12:33 AM.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Could be a power supply not giving enough juice rion. WHat is your power supply brand & rating? Active PFC?
    Last edited by Horsepower; December 24th, 2009 at 01:23 AM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    *Jun: yeah, it was level 2

*Horsepower: I think it's good enough.

Tacens Modular 500W,
    Quad Rail, 18amps per rail
    86% efficiency daw.

my rig is just pentium dual core 45nm 65w tdp.

if you look at Juns and other Ati users. Ati fails from Nvidia's violation of the Anti-Trust law policy.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Video Editor With Video Transcoding Via GPU