New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightSix View Post
    Parang ayaw mo maniwala, ahehe. Sabagay, I've only seen it once. Maybe I just didn't notice that there was a Firewire port.
    Oh, don't take it that way. My own wife could be telling me what you're telling me now and I'd still try to cross-reference it. That's just the way I am. I tend to be skeptical of anything unless the evidence is in front of me which is exactly what you just provided. Thanks.

http://resources.jvc.com/Resources/0...T1314-001B.pdf

That looks like a good replacement for my older JVC DVL-510U.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    ok. starightsix said all of the camcorder models i mentioned have firewire links.

what do i have to check with my laptop to make sure it can accomodate the cables?

what i have noticed in my laptop is it has USB ports, PCI (???) slot and those slots for old mouse and keyboards (6 holes/pins).

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    can i use the cable of sony cybershot??? one end fits into USB port, the other different end fits into the camera.

or the camcorder includes these 1394 IEEE cables?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto
    Oh, don't take it that way. My own wife could be telling me what you're telling me now and I'd still try to cross-reference it. That's just the way I am.
    Fair enough. It's not really an issue

---

fourtheboys96 - Wala bang firewire port yang laptop mo?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Mukhang walang Firewire port yung laptop niya.

Quote Originally Posted by fourtheboys96 View Post
    can i use the cable of sony cybershot??? one end fits into USB port, the other different end fits into the camera.

or the camcorder includes these 1394 IEEE cables?
    Check with Panasonic and Canon if they include the IEEE 1394 cables in the package.

Kasi our experience with Sony is, they don't include it in the box; you'd have to buy the cable separately (ang daya talaga).

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    mukang walang firewire port etong laptop eh. mejo luma na din kasi.

upon further inspection wala pa din hehehe (bakasali lang)

from what i've sa net, yung cable na kelangan ko is iba dun sa standard USB.

i guess i just have to be ready to shell out additional money for the cable.

i am leaning towards canon. wht do you think?

canon vs sony?

zr830 vs dcr-38

7. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    another question pala.

what is the best and affordable option if my laptop has no firewire/ilink port?

ok ba yung adapters. mabilis din kaya? what brand is sulit to buy?

tnx a lot. i have learned a lot from you guys!

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    I haven't tried both models but after a quick google for specs, I'll go with the Sony. The Canon is a bit shaky on zooms, and under low-light conditions, the Sony is better.

The DCR-HC38's USB port is only for streaming videos - if you want to transfer videos recorded on tape you have to use the firewire port. With the ZR830, you may use the USB port for transfering videos, but from what I've read, only those recorded on the memory card. So for transfering videos from tape, it still has to use the firewire port. But of course, nothing beats a personal demo of the units to check out yourself. Or at least a google on the models' reviews and downloading the manuals.

And (to add to your concern) if your laptop doesn't have a firewire port, there's the possibility that the USB port might not even be USB 2.0. The older USB standard is way slower.

Bottom line is - whichever you choose, you may have to spend on an adaptor card for firewire. Better yet, a firewire card with USB 2.0 ports.

HTH.
    Last edited by StraightSix; August 20th, 2007 at 09:59 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    yes i'm leaning towards Sony after considering the low light performance.

i've read some reviews on sony dcr-hc38. some not that good but i'm expecting that since the model i'm eyeing is near entry level.

ika nga you get what what you pay for. but i think i'll be satisfied with it considering that it is just for home use.

re: firewire/ilink adapaters, i'll make sure that i get the right one.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    yes i'm leaning towards Sony after considering the low light performance.

i've read some reviews on sony dcr-hc38. some not that good but i'm expecting that since the model i'm eyeing is near entry level.

ika nga you get what what you pay for. but i think i'll be satisfied with it considering that it is just for home use.

re: firewire/ilink adapaters, i'll make sure that i get the right one.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Video camera less than 20K