The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Antayin ko na lang yung 'Vista Woes' thread. Biro lang po. :D
    Natawa ako dito.

Quote Originally Posted by Picard View Post
    You guys might want to try the CNET Vista Readiness Advisor. It's free!

http://www.cnet.com/4520-33_1-6671810-1.html?tag=txt

My 2 year old Dell Inspiron 6000 passed but performance will have to suffer.
    I only have a Single Core Pentium M 1.6GHz with a weakly 128MB ATI X300.
    I didn't pass the RAM requirement ON Basic Home User. I only have 512mb. Pwede ba magupgrade yung mga license na XP user? How?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    for me...windows vista not totally completed.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by gregg_g View Post
    Well, I suggest you stay with XP SP2 and some of its good patches, plus a combination of IE7 or Firefox.
    That's probably what I would do if I wasn't testing RC1 right now. I've been using XP for over 5 years now and it doesn't feel old at all. Of course, that's after I got rid of the Start button on my desktop (via Start Killer) and switched to the Royale theme. I just needed a glorified toolbar for dual-monitor and Stardock's free Objectdock suited me just right.

If XP had realtime DVDRW data write built-in, I wouldn't even bother with Vista. There are other features of Vista that I like. But none are "must have" features.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Here are the prices for OEM

Basic - 5,500
    Home Premium - 7,000
    Business - 8,500
    Ultimate - 11,000 (or is it 10,000???)

Saka Vista works best with Dual Core CPUs... talagang responsive... which is a plus meaning Vista is better in multitasking...

And also IE 7.0 and WMP 11 are very fast in Vista... coz they were really made to run efficently under Vista... Then again it could be because of better multitasking....

I will wait for my restricted licenses to come... Ngayon RC2 pa rin ang Vista ko...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Antayin ko na lang yung 'Vista Woes' thread. Biro lang po. :D
    At the very least Microsoft fixes the problem and issues patches & service packs... Unlike some #1 Japanese car manufacturer who does not acknowledge the problem and worst makes Filipino consumers guinea pigs with their common rail diesel engines...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mikmik316 View Post
    At the very least Microsoft fixes the problem and issues patches & service packs... Unlike some #1 Japanese car manufacturer who does not acknowledge the problem and worst makes Filipino consumers guinea pigs with their common rail diesel engines...
    We've been treated like guinea pigs before.... MS, Apple, some other software company...... In the past, Apple's been more draconian about either upgrade (as in buy a new Mac) or get left behind. MS looks like they're headed in that same direction too. Oh well. I quit caring when Commodore died and the Amiga went down with it.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    is there a way i could undo the upgrade i've performed on my laptop without loosing my files? im pissed off. a few of my important softwares are having compatibility issues with my Vista. and these are the most important ones that i use on a daily basis such as my Lacerte tax software, my dvd editing software that i've recently upgraded, my McAfee anti virus software and minor issue with my I-tunes.

so my plan is to take off Vista completly from my laptop as if i have never performed the upgrade. i would just have to install the Vista on my desktop since it is more upgradable or maybe return the software and just pay 15% restocking fee...

TIA!

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by n2knee View Post
    is there a way i could undo the upgrade i've performed on my laptop without loosing my files? im pissed off. a few of my important softwares are having compatibility issues with my Vista. and these are the most important ones that i use on a daily basis such as my Lacerte tax software, my dvd editing software that i've recently upgraded, my McAfee anti virus software and minor issue with my I-tunes.

so my plan is to take off Vista completly from my laptop as if i have never performed the upgrade. i would just have to install the Vista on my desktop since it is more upgradable or maybe return the software and just pay 15% restocking fee...

TIA!
    iTunes need a reinstall or at least a reinstall over the current one

Lacerte has a notice about not using the 2006 version with Vista. They'll have a 2007 version for it.
    http://www.lacertesoftware.com/products/tax/sysreq.aspx

It's probably the same for your dvd software. It may need a patch/reinstall or a new version altogether.

I just noticed from Ulead's site (Video Studio 10) that Vista will not support WDM devices such as the ViVo functions of my video card. Looks like I'll be sticking with XP a bit longer until I buy an MCE-compatible tv tuner. Otherwise, I can only use firewire and usb devices with VS10.

As for downgrading from Vista back to XP........ I've never seen it done. Best to copy all customer data/important files to a removable drive/media first before you try anything. If there's a backup made by the Vista install, maybe you can revert back. If not, then time to suck it up and do a reinstall of XP.

Personally, the last thing I'd do is tinker around with the OS especially if it's the OS of my bread and butter. That's why I still have a dualboot system with XP on one hard drive and Vista RC1 on another, expendable, 40gb hard drive.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    for me imho, the only current reason to migrate from xp to vista is for pure gaming purpose only. it is because directx10 is vista exclusive only (xp sp2 is only dx9.0c), and some upcoming next-gen games will use this platform (i.e. crysis, hellgate:london, etc.).

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    eto flowchart para makapag-decide na kayo ha.

Attachment 6917

Br,
    Pete

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Upgrading to Windows Vista