New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    No rush to go to Vista. XP works fine for now.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Dont bother with Vista just yet. Also consider that some of your older software or hardware will not work.

Right now I've got vista on my 3 year old desktop, along with XP (dual boot).

I've also read that OpenGL used for some games is not supported out of the box.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Very tempting kasi especially its "all-new" user interface. Parang kotse din yan, madalas "all-new" looks lang pero same engine.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacoma_34 View Post
    There is really no benefit for me to upgrade to vista. I only use my desktop for internet surfing and games. But maybe I will when Vista SP2 comes out. Heres my specs:
    Xeon 3070 Conroe 3.7GHz
    XFX 8800GTX (660/2GHz)-Latest from Nvidia
    SuperTalent 1GBX2 DDR2-800
    Awesome graphics card!
    But...when Vista SP2 comes out, baka entry-level na yung hardware mo by that time.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    No need to upgrade to Windows Vista at the moment, matagal tagal pa mananatili dito ang Windows XP. Here is a review (XP vs. Vista) from Toms Hardware...very good read....read it before you decide...bet you won't upgrade to Windows Vista haha :D

http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/01/...sta/index.html

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    ...i guess many people would still want to upgrade if they don't mind sacrificing a little bit of performance. After all you'll get a fancy and completely face-lifted user interface.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    tried installing the Vista (eval. version, just for the sake of fun) on my lowly pc with these specs:

1.8Ghz Sempron
    768Mb RAM
    Onboard ATI Radeon Xpress200 (128MB Shared RAM)

ok naman... even the aero functions worked perfectly.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    kumbaga upgrade is a risk... ganyan naman palagi e...

pero kung new PC, syempre buy Vista na... though sabi ng Microsoft they will support XP for another 6 years....

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    The laptop I got from the black friday sale failed to meet the requirements for Vista..It failed because it has 512mb of RAM ,which 128mb of it is being shared with the integrated video card so it drops it down to 384mb..I eventually will add more RAM just for it to run XP alot more efficiently..I don't think I'll be getting Vista anytime soon..coughing up $240 for eye candy is not worth it, I'm content with the XP media edition I have..

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    it is very hard to please the requirements of the windows vista.. and if your going to check on the ratings of indexing in the system properties... DELLs XPS series is still getting around 3.7 rating.... eventhough its already running on a 2GB memory and a SLI.. tsk tsk

anu kayang specs ang makakakuha ng as high as 1 rating... hmmm... sobrang taas naman ng specs.. grrr...

and also Office 2007 palang ang gagana with vista not the 2003... hay?!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Upgrading to Windows Vista