New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I am going to upgrade my laptop's OS to Windows Vista Home Premium. Like many people, my main interest is the new Aero look that comes with the software. My main concern is my graphics card. The requirements to run this feature are:
    support for DirectX9 graphics with WDDM Driver
    128 mb of graphics memory (minimum)
    Pixel Shader 2.0 in hardware
    32 bits per pixel
    My current graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5600. I've searched online to find out the specs of this particular graphics card to no avail. Can anyone in here advise me if my current graphics card can support Windows Vista Home Premium particularly its cool feature "Aero"?

Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    "Boasting NVIDIA’s state-of-the-art GeForce FX G05600, a 3.2 GHz Pentium 4 running on an 800 MHz bus, and 1GB RAM, this wide screen wonder is a gaming notebook if ever there was one. HP even opted for the 128MB Framebuffer version of the Go graphics chip which gives games added oomph. In 3DMARK2001 SE, the HP punched out a Maximum PC record of 10,672 3DMarks. This beats out the Radeon Mobility 9600 chip in the Voodoo M460 notebook by about 1,500 points."
    The Satellite 5205-S705 is generally a stellar notebook, and MCE takes a big stride toward merging computers with mass media. "The 15-inch screen and the Nvidia GeForce FX Go5600 graphics controller with 64MB of memory deliver stunning saturated colors and excellent detail."
    It seems like may 64 MB version na hindi pasok sa minimum.

Specifications ng vc: http://www.hothardware.com/viewartic...?articleid=381

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    thanks. can i upgrade my graphics chip on my laptop or do i need to fully change the motherboard?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    You guys might want to try the CNET Vista Readiness Advisor. It's free!

http://www.cnet.com/4520-33_1-6671810-1.html?tag=txt

My 2 year old Dell Inspiron 6000 passed but performance will have to suffer.
    I only have a Single Core Pentium M 1.6GHz with a weakly 128MB ATI X300.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Picard View Post
    You guys might want to try the CNET Vista Readiness Advisor. It's free!

http://www.cnet.com/4520-33_1-6671810-1.html?tag=txt

My 2 year old Dell Inspiron 6000 passed but performance will have to suffer.
    I only have a Single Core Pentium M 1.6GHz with a weakly 128MB ATI X300.
    my laptop passed all of the requirements for Vista Basic, but I want Home Premium.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Sa display properties nga pala kita yung memory size. AFAIK nakahinang ang chip sa mobo, so hindi pwede palitan. Double check nalang.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    damn, hanggang vista basic lang kaya ng laptop and desktop ko?!?!

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Sabi sa video if you want VISTA, PC's 2 years or older will have to go. I'm very interested with the Vista Ultimate version but i'm willing to wait till the Quad-core CPU's and GPU's come out.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Thank God I didn't buy a laptop with Intel Graphics... It's always tempting to have the Centrino sticker on your notebook to brag... Pero as usual all show no go pag Intel Graphics...

Mabuti mejo relax na rin ang requirements for Centrino Duo... you can have discreet graphics card basta you will still use the 945PM chipset.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mikmik316 View Post
    Thank God I didn't buy a laptop with Intel Graphics... It's always tempting to have the Centrino sticker on your notebook to brag... Pero as usual all show no go pag Intel Graphics...

Mabuti mejo relax na rin ang requirements for Centrino Duo... you can have discreet graphics card basta you will still use the 945PM chipset.
    On the contrary, the graphics will not determine you getting the Centrino sticker, you'll get this sticker if you purchased your laptop with the Intel Wireless Card.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Upgrading to Windows Vista