New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    it seems like i just wasted $159.99 + tax of my hard earned dough....

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by n2knee View Post
    I am going to upgrade my laptop's OS to Windows Vista Home Premium. Like many people, my main interest is the new Aero look that comes with the software. My main concern is my graphics card. The requirements to run this feature are:

My current graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5600. I've searched online to find out the specs of this particular graphics card to no avail. Can anyone in here advise me if my current graphics card can support Windows Vista Home Premium particularly its cool feature "Aero"?

Thanks in advance.
    I found this GF FX Go5600 specs within 10 sec in Yahoo:
    http://www.bjorn3d.com/read.php?cID=245

Aero video requirements:
    • Support for DirectX 9 graphics with:
      • WDDM Driver
      • 128 MB of graphics memory (minimum)
      • Pixel Shader 2.0 in hardware
      • 32 bits per pixel
    You meet most of the video requirements except for the 128mb ram. Unless you can adjust your agp aperture setting in the bios and bump it up to say 128mb, then you're sorry out of luck.

Add: Or it could be an agp aperture of 64mb plus the 64mb dedicated video ram which adds up to 128mb, maybe. I'm not sure about that aspect, though.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; February 1st, 2007 at 01:02 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Picard View Post
    On the contrary, the graphics will not determine you getting the Centrino sticker, you'll get this sticker if you purchased your laptop with the Intel Wireless Card.
    on the contrary sir... you will get the original centrino sticker if you bought from Intel the Pentium M + Intel Chipset & Graphics + Intel Wireless... that was the original plan all along... you buy the 3 components and you get the badge... now they became lenient to the fact that they dont have a high performance graphics to match Nvidia & ATI so they are just fine for the Centrino Duo program to have a Core processor + Intel Chipset + Intel Wireless...

Much like Intel vPro that you have to buy 3 components... a Core processor + Intel chipset + Intel Gigabit LAN...

So in your scenario... I can have an Intel Processor + ATI/Nvidia chipset + graphics + Intel Wireless and I will still do not get the Centrino badge even if I have the Intel Wireless Card

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Antayin ko na lang yung 'Vista Woes' thread. Biro lang po. :D

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    also tried the Vista Readiness Advisor, i passed everything pero bitin yung video card.. need to upgrade to GeForce FX 5500 (AGP 8x, 128MB) to run things better..

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mikmik316 View Post
    on the contrary sir... you will get the original centrino sticker if you bought from Intel the Pentium M + Intel Chipset & Graphics + Intel Wireless... that was the original plan all along... you buy the 3 components and you get the badge... now they became lenient to the fact that they dont have a high performance graphics to match Nvidia & ATI so they are just fine for the Centrino Duo program to have a Core processor + Intel Chipset + Intel Wireless...

Much like Intel vPro that you have to buy 3 components... a Core processor + Intel chipset + Intel Gigabit LAN...

So in your scenario... I can have an Intel Processor + ATI/Nvidia chipset + graphics + Intel Wireless and I will still do not get the Centrino badge even if I have the Intel Wireless Card
    Ah ganun ba depende siguro kung san mo purchase laptop. Kasi I have the Centrino sticker and my setup is just the Intel Chipset and Intel Wireless Card. My GPU is ATI. I bought my laptop at Dell online. As per notebookforums.com (not to date), Dell gives the sticker only when you purchase WITH the Intel Wireless. (when i bought my laptop, DELL only offers INTEL processors in all their lineup)
    Last edited by Picard; February 1st, 2007 at 08:05 AM.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    i hope pumasa yung pc ko sa bahay. try ko l8r yong sa cnet.. tnx for the site

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Picard
    Sabi sa video if you want VISTA, PC's 2 years or older will have to go
    that's why hardware vendors just loooove microsoft B)

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    There is really no benefit for me to upgrade to vista. I only use my desktop for internet surfing and games. But maybe I will when Vista SP2 comes out. Heres my specs:
    Xeon 3070 Conroe 3.7GHz
    XFX 8800GTX (660/2GHz)-Latest from Nvidia
    SuperTalent 1GBX2 DDR2-800

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    that's why hardware vendors just loooove microsoft B)
    Yup. My 2-year old hard-earned US$2000 laptop just reached its senility period.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Upgrading to Windows Vista