New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 3sgTe View Post
    dvd roms = Php 1700. (combo) = Php2000up
    just bought a Samsung Lightscribe DVD Writer 2 weeks ago for 2K.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    paano mag post ng ganon kay Pekto? hindi ko kasi alam kung paano ilagay dito sa forum.
    Last edited by jonski; March 10th, 2007 at 10:12 AM.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 3sgTe View Post
    756mb? lapit na din to 1ghz bakit di mo na gawing 1ghz..>>?

dvd roms = Php 1700. (combo) = Php2000up

if you're gonna use it for gaming the best processor is AMD plus with a best performance combination of epox motherboard...
    AMD for gaming maganda talaga pero kung epox ang mobo mo sayang lang hindi maganda pang gaming ang epox. Recommended ko pa rin ang MSI mobo + AMD processor.

Yung apat na Epox ko pumuputok ang capacitor hindi kaya ang init compared sa MSI na oven tested.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    AMD for gaming maganda talaga pero kung epox ang mobo mo sayang lang hindi maganda pang gaming ang epox. Recommended ko pa rin ang MSI mobo + AMD processor.

Yung apat na Epox ko pumuputok ang capacitor hindi kaya ang init compared sa MSI na oven tested.
    i've had epox boards give up on me too. a slot a (yung amd processor na mukhang cartridge) board and a socket a epox board gave up on me just a little over a year (very convenient for warranty purposes) of use. switched to gigabyte, dfi and msi boards and my pc's have been running smoothly ever since.

*jonski

pls post the current specs of your pc and the programs/games that you're planning to run and are currently using.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jonski View Post
    Balak ko upgtade ng PC ko...tanong ko lang kung kukuha ako ng bagong hard disk tapos halimbawa gagawin ko syang slave...kelangan pa ba format ng PC?
    Ano magandang Video card and magkano price? ok lang ba halimbawa 256 RAM ko ngayon tapos dagdag ako 512 para maging 769 ram ko? DVDrom magkano ngayon and magkano original microsoft windows? pirated lang kasi sakin.

magy magreplay sana...ASAP
    Ano ba yang dati mong CPU? Baka mag recommend kami dito hindi naman pala pwede yung mga luma mo.

Kung pambahay lang wag ka ng bumili ng Genuine OS gastos lang yan dami namang pinirata s GH na OS.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    anong klaseng Vista ang free upgrade?
    XP Home -> Vista Basic
    XP Media Center -> Vista Home Premium
    XP Professional -> Vista Business

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I have a feeling the upgrades jonski have in mind are mainly component upgrades which makes knowing what he already has even more important.

Anyway right now, the unquestionable best bang for the buck cpu right now is the Intel Core 2 Duo.

I bought my AMD X2 4200+ in 2005 when the X2 was the top mainstream cpu. If I was assembling a new pc right now, it'd be a Core 2 Duo.

*jonski

Download Everest Home Edition. It's free.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I suspect p4 po yong pc mo sir?

magkano po ba budget mo sir?

ok nman yong 256 + 512 ram upgrade mo.. 512 is 2.5php

pero para sakin sagad ko nalng sa 1g pra malakas talaga..

so 1G + 256 ok nayan. 1g is below 5kphp.

Video card 256 with 128bit nice na din to for gaming .. ATI or NVIDIA agp series below 3000php

Hard disk sir plug and play na po ito.. what size ng hdd gusto mo sir ? dapat slave sya ng master mo.. format mo nlang yang bago na hdd like a diskette .

maganda din yun portable pero nasa sayu na iyon..

total gastos 8kphp without Hdd.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    halos whole new PC na rin yan.

By going Intel Core 2 Duo, you'll need a new motherboard with it. Probably new dual-channel DDR2 RAM (2 GB recommended for Vista). Along with that, you'll do well to get a new power supply unit. To get the most from the cpu, you'll need to pair it up with a modern graphics card.

peripherals like I/O drives, hard disks, sound cards, LAN cards can be re-used, and of course the ATX case and monitor and input devices as well, pero relatively minor/inexpensive components ito compared to the guts of the system.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I'd wait until jonski gets back with his actual pc specs for the video card and ram portions of his upgrade.

The hard drive he can upgrade since he's familiar with slaving the drive (IDE).

Just a minor caveat.......

Depending on the age of his version of XP, the earlier ones may have a hard time recognizing large partitions, hence large hard drives.

I have the very first version of XP Pro Upgrade from Oct 2001. It won't recognize any partition greater than 40gb. I had to use an included utility (retail boxed hard drive) to get the full capacity. Just something to keep in mind if he decides to install his XP on the new hard drive.

If he's got XP SP2, then he's fine.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; March 10th, 2007 at 11:02 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Upgrade PC