New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Baka naman sa mga Nokia service centers lang hindi nagrereplace. Kapag sa mga authorized dealers pwede. Di ba kung sa Globe or Smart mo nakuha yung unit, meron silang 7-day replacement policy kung defective yung unit?
    Since I'm work in the telco industry, here's my explanation for it.

Actually, it is the telco companies & other resellers that shoulder the "expense" of replacing a unit within 7 days upon purchase. What they do is to have the phone repaired then sell the unit as a refurbished model for a discount.

The buyer should have read first Nokia's warranty policy before purchasing the unit. The warranty clause specifically states that it is repair first before replacement if it is unrepairable. Their warranty if very similar to the one for our vehicles... they won't replace but they would try to repair FIRST.

People often misquote the "NO RETURN, NO EXCHANGE" policy of the DTI. There are some restrictions applicable to it particularly for electronic consumer goods (like in this case).

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    d'ba unit replacement naman talaga 7 days. hindi ba ganun nokia store? labo pala nila

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    within the first 7 days, if your unit is found to be defective by the technician it will be replaced with a new one, as provided by smart or globe telecom.

if you bought your unit on a license retailer, you should agree with his term and condition, normally they will first check the unit, if it is beyond repair then they will replace it.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    I got my Nokia N70 replaced by Globe within that 7-day period last year, at the comfort of my house. hehehe! The unit came free with our corporate subscription with Globe. Reason for replacement, nag-hang yung unit twice and hindi ko type yung color.

yan ang hirap sa batas madaming butas... ako din walang time magbasa ng warranty policy o kahit na anong policies... from this thread nakita ko kung gano kahalaga ang magbasa ng policy ng kahit na ano lalo na kung malaking investment ang pinaguusapan.

im not really a big fun of nokia... buti na lang... NOKIA eto sayo

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Eto lang ang masakit. That's why we are buying brand new unit, cellphone or car, or anything, to ensure that they are really in good order condition. Then, what you would get is defective. What happened to the QC of the company? Yes, you could return the unit for repair. But what about the hassle, and the headache.

:coffee: [SIZE="1"]3053[/SIZE]

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    note........always read warranty certificate....it is very important and now how much ba naman tong N95 kasi unit ko is super old na pro ok pa sya....the first 3G phone of Nokia.....tanong mga sir.....

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    N95 nasa mga 35k ata sa nokia mismo.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Baka naman sa mga Nokia service centers lang hindi nagrereplace. Kapag sa mga authorized dealers pwede. Di ba kung sa Globe or Smart mo nakuha yung unit, meron silang 7-day replacement policy kung defective yung unit?
    Yup. They replaced mine, and they made me aware that they do not replace phones with a brand new unit. Then I found that my new phone got other defects after the 7-day replacement period. Di lang sa phones ganyan, minsan maiisip na lang natin na tambakan yata ng mga defective items dito sa mga stores sa Pinas.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Nokia service definitely needs a lot of improvement. I had my N70 brought to Nokia Service Center last week (out of warranty already as it's 14-months after purchase). The "charging module/ic" needs to be repaired/replaced. I was told to call them back for status after 3-4 weeks!!! Wow, they would ask a customer to wait that long for a simple IC replacement!

I work in a semiconductor company and nokia is a customer. ppm level of defects is not acceptable and i tell you, nokia is so nasty when it comes to customer complaints that they would require attention and resolution within 72hours! And yet in the other end of the rope, the customers are being deprived of full service.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Unfair practices by Nokia Philippines!