New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I seriously doubt it. Have you seriously tried typing a lengthy business letter or an article to be published on a tablet? Although tablets will have a niche, notebook PCs will still be the future of mobile computing (and even home computing as well with more people using notebooks to replace desktop PCs).

I don't know sir GH, notebooks/laptops has been there for quite sometime now. Maybe they could come-up with a new design or technology on the "functionality" of tablets that could addressed one of the primary concern of tablet pc which is typing.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    This:

yes, asus eee pad. this is a combination of both notebook and tablet. you get the functionality of a notebook and portability of a tablet.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    Digital gluttony of the third kind....

First was music,- then movies, and then books.... Guilty your Honor....

14.5K:higop:
    Well, I do tend to read a lot - one book a week (used to be every two to three days, but I've got two kids and a longer commute now ). I also tend to re-read books, sometimes multiple times, and I don't mind long series, so whenever a new one comes out, I usually read every book from the start, so that characters and storylines are fresh in my mind when I get to the new release.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    yes, asus eee pad. this is a combination of both notebook and tablet. you get the functionality of a notebook and portability of a tablet.
    Downside, it's about the same price as a full blown notebook PC. Yet the specs are not even par with a notebook PC (processor speed, memory, storage, ports).

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Downside, it's about the same price as a full blown notebook PC. Yet the specs are not even par with a notebook PC (processor speed, memory, storage, ports).

correct sir GH, that is the limitation right now of a tablet pc. I hope there's a thread on different tablet pc comparison.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Android 4.0 Ice Cream Tablet now available.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    This:

Much more like it.... Nice for my ASUS notebook, which has a Kindle software.....

14.7K:cow:

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    SAbi ni misis may nag pa bid na school last year ng sangkaterbang tablets for their students sa company nila. Parang ito na nga ang direksiyon.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    SAbi ni misis may nag pa bid na school last year ng sangkaterbang tablets for their students sa company nila. Parang ito na nga ang direksiyon.

Some schools are using tablets as gimmick to attract more students to enroll.

Only time will tell if the move to tablets instead of books would be better or as a gimmick.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    the tablets will never gonna replace the PC in terms of docs and multimedia processing and other processor intensive manipulating applications.

I used to read books on a Nook e-ink device (a year ago, it's just too damned slow) but soon upgraded to Ipad. now, i don't read only ebooks but I read magazines as well. even top gear philippines has an app for the ipad. ba't pa ako bibili ng magazine na printed heheh. have you seen the Newstand app of IOS, andun na lahat Popular Science/ Mechanics, Time, Automobiles, C Magazine, Men's health, bawas lang sa credit card and you get a subscription instantly downloaded on your ipad. even News like CNN, BBC, MsNBC can tweet you everyday on the Ipad and content is displayed instantly.

the good thing is google's cloud service and even apple's icloud is the best thing that will ever happen to touch devices.

sometimes, when I read books on the iPad at home, and i stopped at page 78, I can continue reading at page 79 on my iphone while i'm out. . ang galing ng synchronization capabilities ng icloud (google has the same service ata as told to me by Android users)

basta eto lang napansin, ko before I leave home with my laptop and phone. now my laptop is my desktop (pambahay na lang), and my ipad is my new laptop, and my phone an extension of my ipad pag sa lugar na matao and kailangan maliit lang ang dala.

the Ipad will replace the paperbacks. that I'm sure of. Ipad is now a stand-alone device bec. IOS 5.0 is not dependent on a PC anymore.

ang isa pa nakatindig balahibo is somehow youngsters ages 2 onward can easily adapt to the Ipad Touchscreen, it won't be long and this generation will be drawing on the Ipad and not on paper / regular canvass (as is to fine arts students)

i used to believe that touch technology is just hype pero nang nakita ko ito and its applications sa art. i'm sure Ipad is the next big thing ... capacitive touch coupled with 3 axis gyro as well as other sensors of idevices, grabeh!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
"Tablets, e-book readers close book on ink-and-paper era"