New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    nosebleed ako sa usapan ninyo... type ko mag Mac pero baka hindi mag run yung isang dos base business program ko... I downloaded the DOSbox (tnx Jun aka Pekto)... hopefull the Mac store will allow me to test their unit first.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix67 View Post
    nosebleed ako sa usapan ninyo... type ko mag Mac pero baka hindi mag run yung isang dos base business program ko... I downloaded the DOSbox (tnx Jun aka Pekto)... hopefull the Mac store will allow me to test their unit first.
    DOS-based business app? What is the app and what are are the system requirements?

If you're not familiar with the Mac and you want to try running MS-DOS software on it, the first thing you need to know is it's not for the weak. You may get lost and end up getting frustrated.

If this is your livelihood we're talking about, it's best to stick with the same old computer you have the MS-DOS application in or stick with a Windows pc. Otherwise, it's time to move on and learn newer applications.

If you choose to go Mac and insist on using your old DOS programs, you'll be forced to maintain software for two different platforms. Unless you're savvy enough, it's not a good idea not to mention it's not very efficient.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; October 28th, 2009 at 10:37 AM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    it is a feed formulation program which was done on MSBasic language yata. Since hindi naman laging ginagamit... okay lang na parang "pop-up" window siya in a Mac environment.

I think the DOSbox might work. Baka nextweek ay mapasyal ko yung suki kong Mac store

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Anyone know where I can find a list of official Apple product sellers who provide official Apple warranty?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    have you checked this out? http://store.apple.com/ph

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    it is a feed formulation program which was done on MSBasic language yata. Since hindi naman laging ginagamit... okay lang na parang "pop-up" window siya in a Mac environment.

I think the DOSbox might work. Baka nextweek ay mapasyal ko yung suki kong Mac store
    You could see if it'll work in DOSBox for Windows. If it works there, then chances are it'll work with DOSBox for OSX as well.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    but I don't need a DosBox for windows to run it (the software I was talking about) in windows... I simply open it sa command promt... yun na.

wala kasing command prompt yata ang Mac and it probably does not read the typical dos based programs.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Without a DOS emulator eh di hindi talaga tatakbo yan sa Mac. Kung command prompt sa Windows pwede na then maybe virtualizing Windows XP could work. It just sucks out too much resource kais you are running 2 OS's at the same time.

Which goes back to why I am not a firm believer of OSX. There is still too much software missing for it that only Windows can provide.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    but I don't need a DosBox for windows to run it (the software I was talking about) in windows... I simply open it sa command promt... yun na.

wala kasing command prompt yata ang Mac and it probably does not read the typical dos based programs.
    Well, if it's running Windows on a Mac, there's a ton of options:

1. Run Windows natively by booting to Windows via Bootcamp
    2. Run Windows through commercial virtualization software:
    Parallels
    VMWare Fusion
    iEmulator

3. Run Windows via open-source emulators such as Bochs and VirtualBox

If you want to remain within the OSX environment and full speed isn't a concern, Parallels would have my vote.

Unix-based operating systems all have a Command Line Interface (CLI). Naturally, they're not geared to run MS-DOS apps or recognize MS-DOS commands.

VirtualBox

Parallels:

Mac Bochs

iEmulator

10. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    malaking tulong ang mga inputs ninyo, maraming salamat mga bossing ... kahit medyo nosebleed pa ako dyan... susubukan kong magbasabasa pa.

anyway, by next week, susubukan ko sa laptop na Mac yung Dos-based program na sinasabi ko... sana gumana para makapagmigrate na ako into Mac....

....I am itching to get that Mac with the 24" screen and punny keyboard.... hehehe

pati yung anak ko na into video editing ang kinahihiligan.... "bright eyes" nung sinabi kong masmadali at maganda gawin yung trip niya sa Mac...

ang current set-up ko ay isang 4year old na PC running on AMD Athlon 64 with 2Gig ram, SATA HDD and a 21" Acer LCD (forgot the specs the video card... but it was pretty one of the top-of-the-lines 4 years ago)... it is fast enough... pero I am really just waiting for it to "die" para may dahilan na akong makabili ng Mac.

kung mapapagana ko sa mac laptop yung dos-based program ko ... pati laptop ko gagawin ko na ring Mac hehehehe

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Swaying from PC to Mac...