New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Sa mga ka-tsikot na audiophiles, anong home set-up ang meron kayo? So far ang nabili ko pa lang before ay yung mga 5.1 home theater systems (Sony and Samsung). I've been checking out AVRs and it has tons of features na, which is best if you have multimedia to hook it up to. But what also "WOWed' me was the soundbar. Yung salesman played music from his mobile phone through bluetooth, ang lakas and clear ng sound akala ko dun sa mga malalaking speakers galing yun pala dun lang galing sa soundbar and a wireless woofer.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Ako 2.0 lang. Polk audio rti a3 tsaka smsl sa 36a t amp. Pwedeng pwede na sa akin. Hehe.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by robot.sonic View Post
    Ako 2.0 lang. Polk audio rti a3 tsaka smsl sa 36a t amp. Pwedeng pwede na sa akin. Hehe.
    Buti ka pa paps. Ako kase hirap makontento sa sound system. Nagsimula nung highschool pa ko na nag-chopsuey ako ng iba ibang brand ng speakers tapos gamit ko amp yung college project ng tito ko.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    try YAMAHA.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Since mukhang ang focus mo eh HT, and not necessarily music... I would also recommend Yamaha. For their lower models, they're not very musical but wala ako masabi sa HT performance ng kanilang DSP. I've had an entry level Marantz before as my first AV receiver and middle of the road din ang performance nya both in movies and music. Then had two 2nd hand Harman Kardons na near TOTL and both maganda for music, okay and solid din for movies pero I still feel Yamaha's a little better pa rin sa HT sound steering.

For speakers, I started with Gale but currently using Wharfedales naman. Bang for the buck yung Diamond series nila. Subs I've had a 10-inch CHT-series Velodyne then upgraded to a larger 12-inch Polk Audio for better low end rumble. Pero actually the 10" CHT does well enough for my small room already. Pag andito ka lang sa hobby na ito malamang tatamaan ka talaga ng upgraditis. Hehe.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    I am using NAD try this.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Personally, I'd still consider a dedicated media playback device that is "excellent at what it does" and have the A/V-Receiver as a separate entity. Networked/Streaming HTs have a price premium that is just ridiculous. I'd sooner spend the extra money on better speakers.

To share, I'm happy with my 2 y/o Onkyo HT-R548 A/V receiver (part of the HT-S5405 HT-in-a-box bundle). Though, an entry-level model, it has everything I need to connect my Cignal STB, Roku 3 and an old Pioneer DVD player (one of a few remnants of yesteryear). I've got all my media on a server and use Plex on the Roku 3 to play them back.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    TS: Be a member of PinoyDVD. You will learn a lot from that site. As for me, I have a dedicated HT system for movie purposes, and I also have systems for audio purposes. My HT systems range from a B&O Beolab 14 driven by a Denon 1908, to LG, Devant, Samsung all-in-one 5.1 packages (bundled with TV's).

My audio is more of the cheapskate kind. I was a "batang-pier" way back, and I used to visit the Japan surplus shops for classic JDM hi-fi equipment. Hence over the years I procured a variety of ampli's (and speakers) with the likes of Yamaha, Technics, Kenwood, Marantz, Onkyo, Rotel, TEAC, Akai, etc.

I must clarify though, that given the age of those JDM equipment, they are tough as nails. Wag mo lang isaksak sa 220 volts.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rollyic View Post
    try YAMAHA.
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead000 View Post
    Since mukhang ang focus mo eh HT, and not necessarily music... I would also recommend Yamaha. For their lower models, they're not very musical but wala ako masabi sa HT performance ng kanilang DSP. I've had an entry level Marantz before as my first AV receiver and middle of the road din ang performance nya both in movies and music. Then had two 2nd hand Harman Kardons na near TOTL and both maganda for music, okay and solid din for movies pero I still feel Yamaha's a little better pa rin sa HT sound steering.

For speakers, I started with Gale but currently using Wharfedales naman. Bang for the buck yung Diamond series nila. Subs I've had a 10-inch CHT-series Velodyne then upgraded to a larger 12-inch Polk Audio for better low end rumble. Pero actually the 10" CHT does well enough for my small room already. Pag andito ka lang sa hobby na ito malamang tatamaan ka talaga ng upgraditis. Hehe.
    2 points for Yamaha. Hehehe! Actually I am for both HT and music so kung may brand na sapul pareho, I may go for that. I totally agree na napaka gastos at malulula ka talaga sa presyo pero parang oto din yan na willing ka gumastos basta masatisfy ka lang.

Next challenge is maghanap kung san available yung mga suggested nyo na brands since nandito ako currently sa UAE.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Personally, I'd still consider a dedicated media playback device that is "excellent at what it does" and have the A/V-Receiver as a separate entity. Networked/Streaming HTs have a price premium that is just ridiculous. I'd sooner spend the extra money on better speakers.

To share, I'm happy with my 2 y/o Onkyo HT-R548 A/V receiver (part of the HT-S5405 HT-in-a-box bundle). Though, an entry-level model, it has everything I need to connect my Cignal STB, Roku 3 and an old Pioneer DVD player (one of a few remnants of yesteryear). I've got all my media on a server and use Plex on the Roku 3 to play them back.
    Naging interested lang ako as A/V Receiver because of the integration ng different media to which I can download a remote app na pwede ko i-install sa iPad ko. I currenty have a PS3, PC, iPad, and smart phones na pwede ako magplay din ng sound through bluetooth if i opt to get a receiver with that (as well as yung may airplay for Apple products). I am open to your suggestion about just having all my media on a server but I'll weigh my options first.

Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    TS: Be a member of PinoyDVD. You will learn a lot from that site. As for me, I have a dedicated HT system for movie purposes, and I also have systems for audio purposes. My HT systems range from a B&O Beolab 14 driven by a Denon 1908, to LG, Devant, Samsung all-in-one 5.1 packages (bundled with TV's).

My audio is more of the cheapskate kind. I was a "batang-pier" way back, and I used to visit the Japan surplus shops for classic JDM hi-fi equipment. Hence over the years I procured a variety of ampli's (and speakers) with the likes of Yamaha, Technics, Kenwood, Marantz, Onkyo, Rotel, TEAC, Akai, etc.

I must clarify though, that given the age of those JDM equipment, they are tough as nails. Wag mo lang isaksak sa 220 volts.

I'll check it out sir.
    Pag sinaksak sa 220... ouch!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Stand-alone Home Theater Systems, AV Receivers and Soundbars