New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 113 of 163 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1625
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    And mga assuming mga naayos ni Trava wala ng naging issue so walang problema pala talaga split type a/c

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    the nature of the split type, IS the problem. it comes in two assemblies, with prima donna tubings in between.
    travs is just trying to fix problems arising therein.
    jut is lucky. his splits are behaving well.
    heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; December 30th, 2018 at 11:01 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    And mga assuming mga naayos ni Trava wala ng naging issue so walang problema pala talaga split type a/c

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cant ignore the facts

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Parang sinasabi niyo mag-Vios nalang lahat ng tao kasi pag high end na kotse na maraming features mas maraming pwedeng masira.

Well ako ok lang yung tradeoff na yun basta ayoko ng panget at maingay. [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Parang sinasabi niyo mag-Vios nalang lahat ng tao kasi pag high end na kotse na maraming features mas maraming pwedeng masira.

Well ako ok lang yung tradeoff na yun basta ayoko ng panget at maingay. [emoji23]

I'd go for the most advanced unit. Be eagle eyed on the copper installation. drain pipe and wiring.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    the nature of the split type, IS the problem. it comes in two assemblies, with prima donna tubings in between.
    travs is just trying to fix problems arising therein.
    jut is lucky. his splits are behaving well.
    heh heh.
    True & thank you, doc.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Was planning on having holes for window type a/c punched through the walls prior to the turnover of our house but, alas, we lacked the funds to purchase a/c units then (actually, ngayon na 5 months after wala pa ring funds) para makuha yung dapat na sukat. Now, split na lang ang pipiliin ko talaga dahil laking hassle na kung magpapabutas pa nang malaki sa pader.

Pag split-type ba butas lang ba para sa tubes ang gagawin? Papano wirings? May wall sockets na kasi sa walls for a/c. Magagamit ba yun?

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    So to summarize:

Window type:
    Pros: Simple to install and maintain
    Cons: Panget itsura, maingay, limited inverter choices

Split type:
    Pros: Looks clean and unobtrusive, higher EER vs window (even inverter window), quieter
    Cons: Maselan maintenance and kailangan maingat installation

Between the two, yung cons ng split type pwedeng mamitigate if you install properly a d get a reputable brand. Travs already shared very helpful advice on how to mitigate the cons of a split type (thanks a lot bro!). Yung cons ng window type yun na talaga yun wala ka na magagawa.

To each his own, but after weighing all the factors, split type preference ko.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWest View Post
    Was planning on having holes for window type a/c punched through the walls prior to the turnover of our house but, alas, we lacked the funds to purchase a/c units then (actually, ngayon na 5 months after wala pa ring funds) para makuha yung dapat na sukat. Now, split na lang ang pipiliin ko talaga dahil laking hassle na kung magpapabutas pa nang malaki sa pader.

Pag split-type ba butas lang ba para sa tubes ang gagawin? Papano wirings? May wall sockets na kasi sa walls for a/c. Magagamit ba yun?

Some splits require the power source outside by the condensing unit, some by the interior unit. Consult your supplier/tech on the chosen brand/model's requirement. It's ideal to install on perimeter walls (as you would a window) & try not to embed lines. The drawback? It's not gonna be pretty outside as it will be inside. The shorter the line route, the more efficient.
    On conrete wall boring for Window units, it's a simple cut & chip. An hour or 2's work. To prevent wall repainting, precision measurements, alignment & edge cutting are needed inside & out. It's possible to chip thru a clean rectangle. The vertical dimension of the hole should be about 15mm over the Window AC's vertical side measurement to allow for sloped install.
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    So to summarize:

Window type:
    Pros: Simple to install and maintain
    Cons: Panget itsura, maingay, limited inverter choices

Split type:
    Pros: Looks clean and unobtrusive, higher EER vs window (even inverter window), quieter
    Cons: Maselan maintenance and kailangan maingat installation

Between the two, yung cons ng split type pwedeng mamitigate if you install properly a d get a reputable brand. Travs already shared very helpful advice on how to mitigate the cons of a split type (thanks a lot bro!). Yung cons ng window type yun na talaga yun wala ka na magagawa.

To each his own, but after weighing all the factors, split type preference ko.

Anytime, good sir. Enjoy your new ACs.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWest View Post

nagpabutas kami dati ng aircon rectangulo. no problem. no issues. no regrets.
    ...as long as there is no compromise in structural strength.

years later, we replaced the old aircon with a smaller, newer one. we could have spent more, but... pinasakan na lang namin ng kahoy yung butas, at pina-beautify yung paligid.
    Last edited by dr. d; December 31st, 2018 at 12:10 AM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    nagpabutas kami dati ng aircon rectangulo. no problem. no issues. no regrets.
    ...as long as there is no compromise in structural strength.

years later, we replaced the old aircon with a smaller, newer one. pinasakan lang namin ng kahoy yung butas, at pina-beautify yung paligid.
    Privileged & blessed to have a handful of physician friends. 1 common thing I've observed....Most, if not all, are practical thinkers who study options keenly. Bow & salute![emoji120]

Split Type Aircon: Which is best?