New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Lately, Intel has been pricing their dual core cpus very aggressively. Bet. Intel's entry level dual core cpus and single core (ie. Pentium D 805 vs. Pentium 4 506) of the same clock speed and FSB, the difference is only Php 400 so I would get the dual core if the discrepancies in price is not subtantial or negligible. Its a different story for AMD's Athlon 64 and Athlon 64 X2 because of their larger discrepancies in prices but that is going to change soon.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    2 heads are better than 1.

Kung hindi mo man mapakinabangan sa multithreaded apps yung dual-core, panalo parin sa multitasking. :D

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    Lately, Intel has been pricing their dual core cpus very aggressively. Bet. Intel's entry level dual core cpus and single core (ie. Pentium D 805 vs. Pentium 4 506) of the same clock speed and FSB, the difference is only Php 400 so I would get the dual core if the discrepancies in price is not subtantial or negligible. Its a different story for AMD's Athlon 64 and Athlon 64 X2 because of their larger discrepancies in prices but that is going to change soon.
    I would just like to comment on the Intel Pentium D 805. This is a bang for the buck processor IMO. I almost bought one actually. But it's only bang for the buck if you overclock it.

This was tested by Tomshardware.com at it's stock speed and overclocked. At overclocked it performs very well, not too far behind AMD Athlon 64 3800+, but produces a lot of heat and they suggests to get a better HSF.

But at stock speed the 805 just isn't enough for enthusiasts.

BTTT I would suggest you get the dual core.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BoEinG_747 View Post
    Single core
    ~1.8 Ghz
    ~80 GB
    ~512 MB DDR MEM
    ~built in bluetooth

DUAL core
    ~1.6 Ghz
    ~100 GB
    ~1024 MB DDR Mem
    ~w/o bluetooth (but free dongle)

same brand (Compaq),both with free bag

difference is Price .Dual core is higher * around 4K

so which do you prefer?

TIA
    Intel or AMD kasama sa setup ng mga laptop na yan? At anong model ng CPUs? For 4K more, you get 20G more HD space, 512MB more memory, and the power of dual-core. And gives you a couple or so years more before the upgrade itch becomes unbearable.

Sa 0.2 Ghz difference ka ba naguguluhan at sa built-in bluetooth??

Dual-core more than makes up for the 0.2 Ghz difference. Sa dalawang single core CPUs, and isa 1.6 at yong isa 1.8, di mo na mapapansin ang difference dyan, kung baga negligible na yan. Psychological lang epek nyan. Unless OC ka and will use the PC primarily for running (multiple) benchmarks...

Bluetooth? San mo naman gagamitin yan? Hehe. I mean it's not like it's Wi-Fi. Mas okay na yong dongle, at least di sya kumakain ng resources when you're not using it.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Btw, max out mo yung mems. :D

6. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    which means 2 Gig for XP Pro

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Syempre dual core na. We noticed the difference when we upgraded from a Celeron M-equipped ASUS A3400L to a dual-core NEO Empriva 540NX. Granted of course that it's not exactly the fastest dual-core processor out there (Intel T2300, 1.66 GHz), but considering how we used to plod along on our old unit, it's still a good buy.

Can't wait to try out video editing and post-production on that thing. Problema lang kasi yung bundled OS (Windows XP Media Center), mukhang hindi optimized for editing software. We may have to have XP Professional installed instead.

8. Join Date
    May 2004
    I just upgraded to the Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8Ghz. (512 RAM/250Gb HD) from Pentium 4 3.2Ghz last month, no comparison...it's really worth it!

9. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    Syempre dual core na. We noticed the difference when we upgraded from a Celeron M-equipped ASUS A3400L to a dual-core NEO Empriva 540NX.
    night and day yan, malamang

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    Can't wait to try out video editing and post-production on that thing.
    but not commercial grade, pwede mga simple lang siguro...there's not much video editing softwares yet which are multi-threaded/dual core-optimized.

dyan na pumapasok yong 'depende sa applications', kung video editing ang talagang usage i read before na most enthusiasts would advise yung single core, high speed cpu.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    I'll go for the dual-core lappy, but mainly because of the 1GB RAM. The dual-core proc is a bonus. Sulit yan compared to the singlecore w/ 512MB RAM kung 4k lang diff.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Single core vs. Dual core