New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    http://www.netbooks.ph/forums/viewto...3433a842c272e8

I'm not sure how this applies here but I found something that might help those with damaged electronics due to the floods. Most warranty plans don't cover water damage so if you have an important or expensive item you want to salvage, here's a good article for that:

http://www.grynx.com/projects/salvag...iquid-spill/1/

Basically, it's take it apart then clean it if it's dry or spray it with clean water if not. Then you clean with an evaporating cleaner and dry it.

If any of you folks have other helpful tips on repairing water damaged gadgets, please share here. Oh, and the drying via rice should be a good tip as well
    My Ipod was accidentally soaked in the washing machine, because i forgot it is in my jeans pocket. So I search the internet how to fix water soaked Ipod. So Itried the drying via rice. I buried my ipod in a bowl of rice, left it for almost 3 days, it works, until now my ipod works fine

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Just on my experience regarding eletronic item if soaked in water . Dont used it and let it really dry .The longer your drying period the better .It happen on my Power Amplifier and open the top cassing and dry it and spray with a contact cleaner all the connection and it work. If not bring it to the service center .

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I dropped my car keys in the toilet not too long ago. I was worried the keyless entry might have been soaked. After washing and soaping thoroughly, I let the keyless entry dry for a couple of days (using the wife's hair dryer frequently). It worked like normal.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    sa akin remote control ng TV. napaglaruan ng anak ko at nahulog nya sa soup bowl. yeah soup bowl ng nilagang baka. hehehe. ayun pinatuyo lang at gumana naman.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    1. Wash it.
    2. Wipe it dry.
    3. Use a hair-dryer. Not too hot though.

Saving Flooded Electronics