New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    OTEP,

i have a friend who previously worked at dream that sells satellite dish.

he'll install it to you for free.

good for 3 years ata ang isang card na kasama sa pagbili.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005

The card should be autoroll/ autoupdate. Else, you cannot decode the signal when the providers change their downlink code/scramble/encryption. I would imagine them doing this security exercise regularly.....

Of course, there are free-to-air broadcasts...

7606:mobile1:

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Sabi sa ibang forums malapit na mawala ang signal ng ganitong hacked satellite setup.

Sana nga tutuo. Kasi hindi na ako makatulog ng maayos. Pati mga neighbors ko. Napaadik kami kapapanuod sa History, Etc, Solar Sports, Discovery, Animal Planet, Nicolodeon, Animax, Star, HBO, BIO, Hallmark, etc. etc.

Miss ko na nga mag DVD o PS3 na lang....

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Hehehe, that's not gonna happen. At least, I don't think so. Di ganun kadali mag-implement ng measures. It's gonna cost a lot of money. Currently, the world economy is in a recession (and it's not even yet at its peak), so malabo yan.

Besides, marami pa namang ibang satellites na pwede natin kuhanan ng feed. hehehe.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    dito marami nagbebenta.
    pili na kayo
    http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/vi...ennas+/+Cables

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolHack
    Sabi sa ibang forums malapit na mawala ang signal ng ganitong hacked satellite setup.
    Google mo Sky Box ng British Sky Broadcasting ...

I don't know when they first used the system but I've been in the UK since 2001 and the subscription SIM card hasn't changed yet. AFAIK, hanggang ngayon hack-proof yung card. Without a subscription card, the proprietary satellite box will not function even for FTA (Free-To-Air) broadcasts. Furthermore, the activation gets done thru data link (via phone line) that should be left connected to the sat box. The subscription is tied to your phone number. Kaya hindi umubra yang pre-programming sa card.

Kaya mahirap kahit may extra Sky receiver ka ... you need another active card to use it, which costs £10/month more. Kung deactivated na yung card (like canceled subscription), Free-To-Air channels lang mapapanood mo, pero naka-lock naman yung satbox sa Astra satellite.

BTW, when we visited relatives in Australia, I saw the same type of system in use by their cableTV provider ... same box, same remote ... cable nga lang instead of satellite.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    pero downside ng ganitong system is bad weather.

minsan umambon lang or lumakas hangin, bad signal agad.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot
    pero downside ng ganitong system is bad weather.

minsan umambon lang or lumakas hangin, bad signal agad.
    Dalawa lang yan ...

It's either the dish size in use is the absolute minimum ... or the dish is being thrown off its aim (e.g. due to the wind) - or both.

Atmospheric moisture degrades microwave signals. And because the wavelength is very small, millimetric differences do matter a lot.

Get a bigger and sturdier dish.

I've got a (small) 60cm dish bolted on the side of my house. Rain or snow, gale or blizzard ... perfect picture pa rin.

---

OTEP, madali lang mag-DIY sa satellite TV. But the first thing you need to know is which satellite to use. That particular satellite will determine the minimum dish size you can use, where to aim it, and the type of module/card that your satellite box is going to need.

If you need more than one TV, get a Twin- or Quad-LNB. The LNB is the feed on the focal point of the dish. You need a cable run from each LNB in use.

When fine-tuning the aim of the dish, it's a lot easier if you have a satfinder meter. It's hard to rely on the on-screen signal meter or on the picture quality ... because the signal is digital and there is a delay for decoding digital signals. By the time you think you had the correct aim, lumagpas na yung aim mo. Fine-tuning the aim involves adjustments in millimeters.

If you need to aim the dish at more than one satellite, you may want a dish motor. After the initial setup, you only need to choose the satellite from your receiver's menu and it will automatically aim the dish. Your dish motor should be compatible to what type of control signals your receiver is using (ex. DiSEqC 1.2).

Baka isipin mo mahirap mag-aim ... all it takes is practice, a compass, and a codigo. Yan lang ang kailangan ko sa camping kapag bitbit ko yung portable sat kit ko (35cm dish).

OT - I remember your question about your old Kenwood VHF transceiver (shifting the operating fequency). That was one of the popular type of radios we used to use back in the 80's for VHF satellite comms. Buhay pa nuon yung mga Soviet satellites that accept VHF or UHF uplinks ... pwede mong kausapin nasa ibang bansa, not limited to the horizon. And because it's Ham Radio, it was free to use - during the Cold War - even for Americans.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightSix View Post
    D

If you need more than one TV, get a Twin- or Quad-LNB. The LNB is the feed on the focal point of the dish. You need a cable run from each LNB in use.

That is your actual antenna. It is at the focal point or focus of the parabola....

The rest of the parabolic dish structure is your reflector.

This is geometry at work. The focus is equidistant from any point in the parabola and therefore, all the signals that are caught in the parabola are fedback to the focus, which is the location of your antenna...

Neat isn't it?

7606:mobile1:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Would any one know if there are HD signals you could get using a satellite dish?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Sattelite dish basic