New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Guys, with the advent of crappier and crappier cable service in Caloocan (limited channels, crappy reception, etc.), I'm thinking of putting in a sattelite dish system.

However, I'm a newbie to this kind of technology and I have tons of questions I'd like to ask.

I'm also not too keen on buying those 'pre-packaged' Dream (or whatever it is)

1. What particular model of dish do you recommend (brand, model, etc.)?
    2. Any idea sa price and where to buy? (was thinking RAON)
    3. Any other peripherals that I need to get (as well as the cost)?
    4. How do I aim a sattelite dish, how do I get the signals to view the channels?
    5. Can one sattelite dish support multiple TV sets?

Thank you very much. I have more questions to ask, I'll post when they come up.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Guys, with the advent of crappier and crappier cable service in Caloocan (limited channels, crappy reception, etc.), I'm thinking of putting in a sattelite dish system.

However, I'm a newbie to this kind of technology and I have tons of questions I'd like to ask.

I'm also not too keen on buying those 'pre-packaged' Dream (or whatever it is)

1. What particular model of dish do you recommend (brand, model, etc.)?
    2. Any idea sa price and where to buy? (was thinking RAON)
    3. Any other peripherals that I need to get (as well as the cost)?
    4. How do I aim a sattelite dish, how do I get the signals to view the channels?
    5. Can one sattelite dish support multiple TV sets?

Thank you very much. I have more questions to ask, I'll post when they come up.

Ang latest model na available i think "I Bolt 360", costs around 3.7k
    as of now wala ka na makikita na nagbebenta sa raon kasi since last 2 weeks ni raid ng MPD lahat ng electronics store along raon, illegal daw kasi yung ganun na cable satellite na may zero monthly fees, pero in terms na naka kuha ka na ng satellite dish wala na sila magagawa kasi its your own property na. Yung pinagbilhan ko ng satellite dish is not in raon area, medyo malapit lang, sa tabi ng ongpin, inside binondo yung mga nagbebenta ng electronic items nad etc. yung Php3,700 na package comes with the satellite dish, reciever, mounting/bolts and screws with the manual. What you will need na lang is the coaxial cable. I suggest yung gold plated na coaxial gamitin for much clearer signal and quality.

may designated na angle ng dish and its Eas-South-North-West directional adjustment para makuha lahat ng channel, hindi siya yung basta naka mount lang sa highest and open space na area eh makukuha mo na signal. may program yung reciever wherein naka indicate dun kung ilang percent ng signal ang nasasagap ng current position setup ng satellite dish.
    ask ko ate ko kung ano yung coordinates na ginamit nya sa setup ng dish.

only one satellite per television lang. i haven't tried making a split wiring para maka accomodate ng dalawang t.v. kasi sabi nila one satellite per tv lang talaga siya designed.

yung satellite link up ng mga dish na to ay sa Agila Ku. remember yung agila satellite program ng pinas before??

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Prices of satellite dish + decoders range from around 6K to 10K. Usually, the seller will install the system for you.

You'll need several decoders if you'll watch satellite feeds in more than 1 TV.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    i have 2 units here, both get channels from agila sat, the same sat that dream tv uses. total price of lnb, dish, box, coax is 5000. 4500 if you buy 10 units or more. i get my stuff from eggpa trading. as of the moment, the virgin really smart card is good since it's autoroll/auto update. check out eggpa's site at filsat.com.ph if you're interested.
    yeah, you can get cheaper stuff from raon but i'm not sure about aftersales service.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    is this completely legal? tagal ko ng pinag-iisipan to eh. hehe

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    prices start at 3.5k for the sets.

Im still reading up what to buy/ look for para di ako magkamali ng bili.

so far,

1. You should get the Virgin branded red card (unlimited).

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kamura nalang pala ng satellite dish sets ngayon?!?! Sa presyong yan, pwede ng magkabit ng 1 satellite per TV

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    prices start at 3.5k for the sets.

Im still reading up what to buy/ look for para di ako magkamali ng bili.

so far,

1. You should get the Virgin branded red card (unlimited).
    actually lahat ng binebenta na sat dish near ongpin is virgin card ang ginagamit. yung logo na parang sa virgin records

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by flakez View Post
    is this completely legal? tagal ko ng pinag-iisipan to eh. hehe
    its totally illegal, actually nga yung commercial na nakikita ko from dream sat na "do not patronize any cable service which offers zero monthly fees, please inform our local authority ....(can't remember kung anu pa yung mga sumunod na sinabi".

pero tingin ko kasi in terms na naka acquire ka na at installed na inside ng resident mo yung sat dish considered private property mo na yun, and wala silang karapatan para i check or investigate kung anu purpose ng satellite dish mo. huwag ka lang papahuli na bumubili nung sat dish.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Over at PEX, there's an interesting thread about a satellite dish provider...

http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/...ight=satellite

Medyo mahal nga lang at 7k, at medyo may bumabatikos. It's up to you guys to decide...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Sattelite dish basic