New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i just bought my daughter a samsung YP-T9 mp3 player recently. problem is, she cant upload music since di namin ma-install yung hardware for the portable player. we kept on getting error message which reads " problem installing hardware MTP Device....specified service does not exist as an installed service".

accrdg sa samsung site, problem could be sa USB terminals o kaya wala sa OS ng aming computer. nakakapagtaka lang, lahat naman ng software na-install namin dito (i.e. digicam, CP, previous mp3's players) using USB ports were working fine.

ano kaya problema mga tech gurus? ano ba tong MTP na to?, how can i install this sa aming system? TIA.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OiC65 View Post
    i just bought my daughter a samsung YP-T9 mp3 player recently. problem is, she cant upload music since di namin ma-install yung hardware for the portable player. we kept on getting error message which reads " problem installing hardware MTP Device....specified service does not exist as an installed service".

accrdg sa samsung site, problem could be sa USB terminals o kaya wala sa OS ng aming computer. nakakapagtaka lang, lahat naman ng software na-install namin dito (i.e. digicam, CP, previous mp3's players) using USB ports were working fine.

ano kaya problema mga tech gurus? ano ba tong MTP na to?, how can i install this sa aming system? TIA.
    Did you set the mp3 player as a pc device? This has to be done at the mp3 player itself. Actually, the device has to be on and set as a pc device.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks bro........how to set the mp3 as a PC device? anyway, check ko sa settings ng mp3 player.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OiC65 View Post
    thanks bro........how to set the mp3 as a PC device? anyway, check ko sa settings ng mp3 player.
    I have an HCT (also Korean-made) mp3 player that wasn't being recognized by the pc until I looked at the mp3 player's mode and changed it from audio device to pc (or usb) device. After copying mp3's to it, I have to change the mode back to audio device so I can play the songs.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Do you have the correct version of Windows Media Player?

According to wiki, you need at least Media Player 10 for MTP to be supported by Windows XP (on Vista, MTP support is already built-in). If you have the correct version, you may want to try to re-install it, as it seems to be the solution to other MP3 players with MTP issues during installation.

Also, remember to connect the YP-T9 directly to a USB port and not through a hub.

HTH

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bump...

actually, medyo short cut ang story ko. nakapag-upload ng mp3 ang anak ko before but nung try nya ulit, ayaw na.........so we try to re-install the software and hardware (portable player). software (Samsung Media Studio) was installed sucessfully but yung hardware ayaw na..........like I said kept getting error message.

further check with samsung product support.......may nabasa akong something about like this.......

After completing the file transmission, you must disconnect the cable in the following way:

Double-click on the green arrow in the taskbar on the bottom right corner of the window. (Safely Remove Hardware icon)

Select the USB device, and then press the [Stop] button.

You will get a message indicating it is now safe to remove USB device. (Remove the USB cable)

Warning: Removal of the USB device without following the above instructions will result in damage to the flash memory. Please follow these instructions everytime you remove the device from your computer.

Unfortunately, my daughter failed to follow this instructions........so does it means na-damage na ang flash memory kaya di na ma-install yung hardware for portable player? if so, paano kaya ma-fix to?

sensya na guys....

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    If her music tracks are still stored in the player and are still playable, I don't see any reason to suspect faulty memory.

Have you tried installing or re-installing Windows Media Player 10 or 11, before re-installing the MP3?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    +1 on StraightSix's comment. make sure that you have Windows Media Player 10 or higher. its actually listed as one of the system requirements of the device.

--

if all requirements are met, then yep.. disconnecting the device improperly may damage your flash memory especially if it's still being used/written on by the pc.

try to check your manual for the "reset" procedure on the YP-T9. according to the samsung website do the following:

* Press and hold the [MENU] and [A↔B/●] buttons at the same time to reset the system.

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/co...9/EN/main.html

if that doesn't work:
    * check USB ports, connect other devices (cameras, flash drives). if other devices work, your USBs are OK.

* While YP-T9 is connected, check Device Manager for any bangs (question mark/exclamation point symbols) beside any listed device. If there is one and it seems to be related to the YP-T9, check for updated device drivers in the samsung website (http://www.samsung.com/us/support/do...ortDownMain.do). make sure its for your model since there are several YP-T9s.

* If all else fails, call for support or exchange it if you still can. you don't have to mention the improper disconnection of your daughter because you don't really know if thats the problem or not.

HTH.
    Last edited by NazQ; August 16th, 2007 at 09:58 AM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    If you already exhausted all possibilities as mentioned here,- you can also try to do a system restore to the date b4 you had installed your mp3 then try to re-install again the software.

I have the same situ b4 and yon lang ginawa ko at naayos naman.

samsung mp3 player.......help!!