New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    My watch is a Rolex Oyster Perpetual Date-just. Just got it from a friend last weekend.

How much do you usually pay for the service(maintenance)? What do they do to your watch? Would the watch look brand new after the service? If I want to replace the Sapphire Crystal(with a deep scratch), any idea how much?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by beatles View Post
    My watch is a Rolex Oyster Perpetual Date-just. Just got it from a friend last weekend.

How much do you usually pay for the service(maintenance)? What do they do to your watch? Would the watch look brand new after the service? If I want to replace the Sapphire Crystal(with a deep scratch), any idea how much?
    You can bring it to any Washington Jewerly Emporium. Ours were
    serviced (cleaning, buffing etc.) at SM North Edsa branch. Cost varries
    on the works to be done.

Sapphire glass? I thought it is scratch proof?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    It is scratch resistant but there's one material that can scratch it easily. The hardest material known to man - Diamond.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    It is scratch resistant but there's one material that can scratch it easily. The hardest material known to man - Diamond.
    +1. Sapphire is very hard, having a hardness of 9 on Moh's scale, compared with 10 for diamond. Might be a diamond has scratched his sapphire crystal.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    baka peke? kaya na scratch..hehehe

go to makati meron silang serviced center doon..I just can't rememeber the bldg name yun tabi ng AIMS tapat ng GB1

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    beatles, i had my 12 year old rolex serviced two years ago at the official rolex service center at corinthian place, back of greenbelt. they cleaned and calibrated the watch, also changed the gaskets and sapphire crystal, since it had a chip. the total cost was 14,000.00 as far as i remember. they charged 5,000.00 for the sapphire crystal. took them a week to service the watch. hope this helps.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bro did you check what year model your watch is? AFAIK, Rolex watches that were made after 1986 are pretty much scratch resistant. And Rolex watches that were made before the said date is just made of glass. In short, mabilis magasgas.

If you don't mind, can you PM me how much you bought the watch?

BTTT: I think they charge around 5K for cleaning, polishing and maintenance. Though take it easy sa pagpapa-buff ng watch, some people say na numinipis daw each time you have it buffed.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    magkano rin pa dagdag ng band... medyo masikip na yung band ko eh...

Air King yung sa akin

9. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by xto View Post
    You can bring it to any Washington Jewerly Emporium. Ours were
    serviced (cleaning, buffing etc.) at SM North Edsa branch. Cost varries
    on the works to be done.

Sapphire glass? I thought it is scratch proof?
    I want to have it check at a Rolex Service Center so I can be sure of the quality of work. I believe that it is scratch resistant but this watch was worn as a daily watch(abused by the owner) .

Quote Originally Posted by jlo1 View Post
    beatles, i had my 12 year old rolex serviced two years ago at the official rolex service center at corinthian place, back of greenbelt. they cleaned and calibrated the watch, also changed the gaskets and sapphire crystal, since it had a chip. the total cost was 14,000.00 as far as i remember. they charged 5,000.00 for the sapphire crystal. took them a week to service the watch. hope this helps.
    Thanks for the reply. Now, I have an idea on how much to spend.

Quote Originally Posted by Bry View Post
    Bro did you check what year model your watch is? AFAIK, Rolex watches that were made after 1986 are pretty much scratch resistant. And Rolex watches that were made before the said date is just made of glass. In short, mabilis magasgas.

BTTT: I think they charge around 5K for cleaning, polishing and maintenance. Though take it easy sa pagpapa-buff ng watch, some people say na numinipis daw each time you have it buffed.
    I think it's a 1995 model. Nagiging manipis? Ganon talaga effect pag too much buffing. It's like the paint of the car.

Quote Originally Posted by kimpOy View Post
    magkano rin pa dagdag ng band... medyo masikip na yung band ko eh...

Air King yung sa akin
    Mahal po yng band ng watch lalo na kng may gold. Dati nagtanong ako ng band ng Omega Constellation, per piece it would cost around 3k. Manipis pa yng band ng Omega... Pano pa kaya rolex mo

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Rolex Watch Service... How much?