New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Hi peeps, looking for 2kva UPS for home. Aside from APC anong magandang brand? Eaton seems to be a good alternative. I'm told FSP makes good PSU's, not sure about their UPSEs.

Nakikita ko rin kebos/ibos, but the price makes me a bit suspicious.

Tia

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    using salicru at home.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I've used a lot of cheap brands before, usually less than a year nagkakaproblem na, even after replacing the battery.
    Kaya puro APC na gamit ko now.
    Signature

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    can't recommend a brand, however, if you know a electronic techn, there's a kit in alexan, magpa-assemble ka na lang. magtanong ka ng presyo duon. kung mas mura sa mga commercial models, magandang option ito coz it is easier to repair. parts are readily available at may diagram ka pa.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    Hi peeps, looking for 2kva UPS for home. Aside from APC anong magandang brand? Eaton seems to be a good alternative. I'm told FSP makes good PSU's, not sure about their UPSEs.

Nakikita ko rin kebos/ibos, but the price makes me a bit suspicious.

Tia
    APC and Liebert. Pero mas okay talaga APC.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    FSP 1kva 24/7 user for 2 years to date. ups activated time is now less than before. seems like a robust unit. i'm now using windows power saving/sleep option.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    What is the intended usage and duty cycle?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    What is the intended usage and duty cycle?

Bumili po kami ng oxygen concentrator for my dad; it's rated at 220v, 2.2Amps.

i'm just thinking about the impending power crisis next year; we intend to buy a genset, but i'm thinking a UPS can will the gap between the switchover from Meralco to genset.

Despite the 1-2kva rating, backup times for APC and Eaton models(as is) can only provide <10 min backup time, which i think is just too short. Using APC and Eaton's runtime calculator, to provide for 10-15 min of backup power, i'd either need to get a really expensive model(Eaton DX2000) or one with an external battery pack(APC).

imho, parang hindi sulit yung price-vs-backup time ratio, so i started this thread/ in parallel.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Since it is going to be used for life-support systems, I suggest that you splurge on a proper UPS instead of building a charger/battery/inverter yourself.

I'm not saying that you should get a medical grade UPS (which would be best under the circumstances) but something that is at least reputable and up to the task... enterprise class units comes to mind. APC's SmartUPS series would be a good compromise, IMO. It has a clean output (regulated and outputs a pure sine wave) instead of an approximated (relatively dirty) sine wave from most entry-level UPS's.

10 minutes backup time should be more than enough to prep and start a genset. As with anything, just make sure that it is well-maintained so that the transition time is kept to a minimum.

Your call.
    Last edited by oj88; December 23rd, 2014 at 10:39 AM.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Ups are not meant for long commercial power outages. For sensitive life support equipment, ups+generator set + automatic transfer switch should be the combo. Get the online-type/double conversion ups, any brand as long as its online and pure sinusoidal..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast