New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Stumbled onto this just a while ago:

Versa Two Way Radios FaceBook

Versa Security - Versa Two-Way Radios

Apparently they've been in business since 2009, and with the MMDA for that matter.

Parang local company na sourcing from China, putting up their own brand? The radios are supposed to be rugged, but no mention about water resistance/proofing. Around 6.5k sa lazada

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    The Versa radios operates on the amateur VHF and UHF bands (2-meter and 70-cm). You will need a license to operate those. They're probably rebranded Baofeng/Pofung units. The button placements and keypad arrangement are identical which means that they're sharing the same circuit board.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Own a cignus before yung waterproof at shockproof daw. Nailagay ko lng sa bag sa pagmamadali kasama mga gamit ko at libro. Kinabukasan pagkita ko ayun may crack na ang monitor para sa freq. tsk3x. Wala talaga quality mahal pa. Kaya i settle na sa icom yung latest na.so far mag 1 year sa sa akin and satisfied user here.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    The Versa radios operates on the amateur VHF and UHF bands (2-meter and 70-cm). You will need a license to operate those. They're probably rebranded Baofeng/Pofung units. The button placements and keypad arrangement are identical which means that they're sharing the same circuit board.

i think the Quicktalk model is SRRS sir, yung mukhang laruan ^_^

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    yung Motorola SMP328S is SRRS pala...around 1k more than the Versa Quicktalk...pero Motorola

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Good catch. Yes, the Versa Quicktalks are SRRS. I didn't notice them the first time.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Reviving this thread.

I'm trying to find a decent pair of two-way radio, and I can see a lot of options sa Lazada, way too many options and I'm not knowledgeable enough to know which ones are good or practical.

Any recommendation of a good value-for-money two-way radio?

Thanks in advance.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Don't buy Cobra. I have a pair I used back in 2014. The reception was only good when my car and my wife's CUV were behind each other. When we got separated by heavy rush hour freeway traffic, the reception was lousy.

9. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Don't buy Cobra. I have a pair I used back in 2014. The reception was only good when my car and my wife's CUV were behind each other. When we got separated by heavy rush hour freeway traffic, the reception was lousy.
    so many chinese cb radio pwede nyo gmitin as long same frequency kayo..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

10. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon05 View Post
    so many chinese cb radio pwede nyo gmitin as long same frequency kayo..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    What would be a good brand (Chinese brand is ok)?

Thanks.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast