New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Pa suggest naman:

- what brand? OK ba ang Midland? Motorola and Cobra seem a bit pricey.
    - what range? i'm aware that a distance quoted is line-of-sight, so there may be no point in getting extreme ranges(planning to use it around the house/office, in a mall, or when in a convoy)
    - advisable ba to get units that can take AA batteries? menos sakit sa ulo pag-replace
    - any other features to look out for?

tia

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    Pa suggest naman:

- what brand? OK ba ang Midland? Motorola and Cobra seem a bit pricey.
    - what range? i'm aware that a distance quoted is line-of-sight, so there may be no point in getting extreme ranges(planning to use it around the house/office, in a mall, or when in a convoy)
    - advisable ba to get units that can take AA batteries? menos sakit sa ulo pag-replace
    - any other features to look out for?

tia
    FRS ba bro. or VHF/UHF?

Cobra and Motorola are okay for FRS.... AAA batteries... No license required... Used these in parks when traveling outside of the country,- very useful....

Yaesu, Kenwood, Icom for VHF/UHF,- but you have to have at least NTC ClassD license - only for Philippine use.

"The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

26.3K _/_/_/_/_/:piano:_/_/_/_/_/

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    have only used motorola so i can vouch for it.
    mas maganda imho ang rechargable batteries.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

have only used motorola so i can vouch for it.
    mas maganda imho ang rechargable batteries.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    ok din naman ang cignus brand parang same lang din ng icom

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Meron kami yung motorola talkabout. Useful sa amin kung nasa mall kami, at separate destinations namin ng mga bata. Sa province meron din sila erpats, wala nang sigawan pag nasa farm namin. Radyo lang, ok na.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    recommended ba na sa pinas na bumili ng talkabout kasi may ntc sticker na? mahal kasi sa pinas, sa singapore mura lang. magkano ba ntc sticker?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    recommended ba na sa pinas na bumili ng talkabout kasi may ntc sticker na? mahal kasi sa pinas, sa singapore mura lang. magkano ba ntc sticker?
    Bro- I would recommend buying them outside of the country (I bought ours from the US).... dahil mas mura roon.

Hindi na rin kailangan ng NTC sticker or permit dahil FRS ito (hindi covered ng amateur license dahil less than 5W ang transmitting power at iba ang frequency na ginagamit)....

"The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

26.3K _/_/_/_/_/:piano:_/_/_/_/_/

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Be advised that the FRS and/or GMRS radios sold in the US are NOT legal for use in the Philippines. FRS/GMRS operates in the 462 and 467 MHz band. Using a FRS/GMRS radio here may interfere with legitimate users of said bands.

Instead, the Philippines use the SRRS band on 325 MHz. This is the NTC-approved band for unlicensed 2-way radio use. Well, you only pay for the NTC license once when you buy the radio and it's perpetual.... no annual license renewal required.

For local availability, check out 5th Avenue Electronic City.
    Last edited by oj88; May 6th, 2015 at 04:46 PM.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Meron kami binili Kenwood 2 way radio. Ginagamit lang namin very seldom sa site operations. Kailangan pa ba namin kumuha ng NTC license or kasama na yun nung binili namin?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yan nga din alam ko, need ng ntc sticker. i think one of the tsikot people here was raided years ago for using a frs radio at work. ntc was able to pinpoint their location. fine lang naman yata then bayad ng ntc sticker. hassle lang nga pupunta ka pa sa ntc to get the sticker kung sa abroad bibili. but definitely the price overseas is much much lower than the units sold in RP. so anyone knows how much this ntc sticker is, just to see if it is worth the price difference and the hassle?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast