New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    it's almost 2016 and i'm still using a lenovo thinkpad X220 10GB w/ SSD. i5. still good enough for my needs. very portable. just a tad bigger than the 11.6-incher that it replaced many years ago

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    OT...

Matibay ba ang laptops ng Dell?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jonski View Post
    OT...

i'm still using (right now) my old Dell Vostro core2duo, basag basag na yung gilid twice na kasi nabagsak from my table, nasasagi ng pusa namin pag may hinahabol na daga...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i've had my inspiron 11 w/ touchscreen for about 2 years now, mainly for casual browsing, watching movies. Medyo nadelay yung shipping so i was only able to really use it for a litlle over a year. It only became usable after bumping up the RAM to 4GB.

Within that time, the touchscreen went crazy so i had to disable it, and i'm currently using it as a traditional laptop. i've tried running Ubuntu on mine and i still get ghost touches, so i don't think this is just a driver issue.

Battery life is so so, although i do play a lot of videos on it. Main attraction for me is the weight and portability. If not for the touchscreen issue, i'd say sulit na siya for what i paid.

The 2015 Inspiron 11(3147)/13 are nice, price and specs wise, but i've come across some posts/videos about the "ghost touch" issues.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I'm using a 5 year old Acer Timeline 1830T. Specs i3 380um (1.3ghz ultralow voltage processor) upgraded to 8gb ram and 480 gb ssd. Does everything I need it to. Its been my only computer for the past 5 years.

Whatever you get, I suggest have at least 4gb ram. Better to have 8gb. Try to get a better processor than Celeron, it is very slow.

Almost all the new laptops I see dont have an access panel for ram and hdd. You may have to remove the entire back cover to access them.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    What's your take on the spying allegations against Lenovo? i hear the CIA, MI6, etc have refused to use Lenovo products...
    I'm wary of it as well kaya sa smartphone or pc's, laptop, Taiwan na lang or Korean or kahit made in china eh US company naman.

And yes, matibay Dell laptops in my experience.
    Last edited by Ry_Tower; January 4th, 2016 at 12:12 PM.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    I'm wary of it as well kaya sa smartphone or pc's, laptop, Taiwan na lang or Korean or kahit made in china eh US company naman.

And yes, matibay Dell laptops in my experience.

What really made me paranoid is that the Chinese Academy of Sciences is a major shareholder in Legend Holdings, parent company of Lenovo.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    What really made me paranoid is that the Chinese Academy of Sciences is a major shareholder in Legend Holdings, parent company of Lenovo.
    When in doubt, don't. hehehe

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jonski View Post
    OT...

yes, it is. mine is still working perfectly well. i bought it in 2010. dell inspiron n- series.

BTT

what about the 11- inch MacBook Air? it's handy. it is what i am using now. (on second thought, out pala sa budget ni ts saka di puede pang lamba2x ito )

10. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Lenovo dami ko nakikita nagamit

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast