New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    What counts as midrange nowadays? TOTL i5 or Ryzen 5?

I'm trying to put together a budget gaming PC. I'm looking at an i5 with 8gb of RAM for now and an SSD. For video I'll go with the 8gb RX570 which reviews say outperforms the RTX1060. Without a monitor these specs top out at a little over 30k. I think this gives me a bit of headroom for further upgrades. It should be able to play CS:GO and GTA at competitive FPS rates.
    Plenty of xcellent templates on tipidpc. Goodluck with their tagalog speak over there though.

TipidPC.com - **Unified Help Me Build My Rig (Updated build list on page 2)

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Plenty of xcellent templates on tipidpc. Goodluck with their tagalog speak over there though.

TipidPC.com - **Unified Help Me Build My Rig (Updated build list on page 2)
    TPC UHMBR thread was where I passed a lot of time helping build other people's rigs back in college. Met a few friends in the process. But eventually grew out of it - over the years the formula hasn't changed so there's no need to stay updated all the time.

The key for a good value gaming PC is always to get a decent mid-range/upper mid-range CPU, get the best GPU you can get with your budget (typically 2x the price of whatever CPU you choose), then get at least the current standard RAM (or double it if RAM prices are cheap), then pair with 80+ rated PSU, SSD.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Same formula pa din. I set a budget of 30k sans monitor and sumobra lang ng less than 500. Ryzen 3 3100 bundled with a gigabyte b450 board, 2x8gb ram 3200, gigabyte 1650 super, kingston 500gb m2 ssd, fsp 80+ nonmodular, and a crappy case that came with 3 rgb fans. I added a 300n pci wifi adapter bought online.

Nangangati na agad ako mag upgrade lalo na ang case but it runs well as it is. 75hz 1080p lang naman monitor. Tingnan natin sa COD Cold War sa Nov 13.

Looks like my kids outgrew the console for now. Nakatengga na lang ang ps4 and they're not interested in the ps5. Set aside the funds for pc upgrades na lang daw.

Sent from my SM-A605G using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JohnM; November 7th, 2020 at 01:09 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Same formula pa din. I set a budget of 30k sans monitor and sumobra lang ng less than 500. Ryzen 3 3100 bundled with a gigabyte b450 board, 2x8gb ram 3200, gigabyte 1650 super, kingston 500gb m2 ssd, fsp 80+ nonmodular, and a crappy case that came with 3 rgb fans. I added a 300n pci wifi adapter bought online.

Nangangati na agad ako mag upgrade lalo na ang case but it runs well as it is. 75hz 1080p lang naman monitor. Tingnan natin sa COD Cold War sa Nov 13.

Looks like my kids outgrew the console for now. Nakatengga na lang ang ps4 and they're not interested in the ps5. Set aside the funds for pc upgrades na lang daw.

Sent from my SM-A605G using Tapatalk
    Pre-ordered last month the COD Blacks Ops Cold War Ultimate Edition. This includes versions for both PS4 and PS5. It was pre-loaded yesterday and will be playable by November 13. Maxxed out na ako for Modern Warfare Season 6 so excited na ako to start Cold War. Warzone will integrate both Modern Warfare and Cold War players.

I have to check with DataBlitz or I-Tech to pre-order the PS5. It might be within 28k to 30k for the disc model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Egan101; November 7th, 2020 at 01:24 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    There will always be a gaming PC/laptop at home. But, I may consider buying an XBSX if it gains more mouse/keyboard support for its games. Of course, I've been wishing that for a long time and neither Sony, Nintendo, or MS wants to do it.

The main reason I'm considering the XBSX is because of STALKER 2.

Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; November 7th, 2020 at 05:46 PM.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Pwede na ba 4k uhd android tv sa PS5 or basta 4k? Or need pa Yung mas mataas na qled or oled ba yun

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by NiCe2KnowU View Post
    Pwede na ba 4k uhd android tv sa PS5 or basta 4k? Or need pa Yung mas mataas na qled or oled ba yun

The PS5 may need to adjust to older TVs. Ganun din naman PS4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by NiCe2KnowU View Post

4K is 4K. Doesn't matter if it's ordinary LED, QLED, or OLED.

Cold War downloaded. Abangers na lang. Sana kaya ng system namin ang at least High settings at 75 FPS.
    Last edited by JohnM; November 13th, 2020 at 02:33 PM.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    4K is 4K. Doesn't matter if it's ordinary LED, QLED, or OLED.

Cold War downloaded. Abangers na lang. Sana kaya ng system namin ang at least High settings at 75 FPS.
    Thanks sir, makapag ready na Ng 4k tv, tagal pa Naman ps5 sa atin dec. 11 pa

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
PC Gamers vs. Console gamers