New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Buti na lang I didn't have to pay for the P750. Thanks techies for all the advise!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If it comforts anyone...... Around here, a pc tech charges $30 for starters and that's just for opening the case. That's what the husband* of my wife's cousin charges and he's one of the honest ones.

There's been cases of pc repair fraud:

http://grandstreamdreams.blogspot.co...for-peons.html

quote:

• Best Buy-Geek Squad - Mis-diagnosed as having a (likely) bad power supply unit.
    • Circuit City - Fixed for $59.99.
    • CompUSA - Fixed for $119.99
    • Fry's - Fixed for $69.99.
    • Torrence Computer Repair - Fixed for Free!
    • BMI Computers, Inc. - Diagnosed a power short and bad mainboard. $275.00 to fix.

Just for a disconnected IDE cable. Mom and pop shop Torrence Computer Repair was the only honest shop.

*My bad. I called him up and clarified the $30. That's only if the pc had to stay overnight after the initial diagnosis.

$750 is what, $17? It's a ripoff. But, it's not a terribly big ripoff since the tech did have to open the case and fiddle around. At least he didn't try to feign something else and make you buy parts like those above.

Even if it sounds greedy, I think that tech was within his rights to charge that amount. It's just like a plumber here. If I called one up and made him come over, it's $56 just for him setting foot in the house and probably another $200 to make a simple repair.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; June 16th, 2008 at 06:40 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    its good to know that your PC is ok! juat as i suspected. you just need to reseat the cards and cables. You could actually do that one yourself.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by badsekktor View Post
    its good to know that your PC is ok! juat as i suspected. you just need to reseat the cards and cables. You could actually do that one yourself.
    ya she could do it herself hehehe

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
PC Experts - Help! HD can't be detected