New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Is the HDD light lit and everything else is not working, no beeps and blank screen? ... My guess you have a dead motherboard.
    might be or a loose memory card. With the age of your PC, i'd expect this problems. But i'll go with reseating the components first. Just be careful when returning them. they have pins and marks that tells you which way it should go.
    Ask our fellow member here if he could help you. I could help you but im here far north of manila. It is much better if you could fix that computer at your house so it wont need to be moved. moving your pc might be the culprit.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Loose memory card would make the motherboard go "beep beep".

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    patay! 5 yr old PC+dead motherboard=time to upgrade.

simple answer to you problem, call your friend who borrowed your PC, ask her to go to your house and fix your PC, if she can't then time to pay up....

remember it was working when she took it....

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    *bogeyman:

tried looking for information for your case. Apparently, your system had a virus already and it was cleaned. Try to follow na lang the instructions here...
    http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/0...orunvbs-error/
    Many thanks, 1D4LV. It worked. :thumbup:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Is the HDD light lit and everything else is not working, no beeps and blank screen? ... My guess you have a dead motherboard.

same here..
    Cathy, tirahin na natin yan.... hehehehe.
    Well, either tirahin o i-condemn.... hehehehehe.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I am seriously close to tears. I hope I don't need to replace any parts since I am still in between jobs and cannot afford to spend on parts - much more on a new PC

What could have happened eh my friend just borrowed it to recover the data from her hard disk. It was working perfectly before she borrowed it. Hindi kaya inabutan lang ng sira pagbalik niya ??? Because I really do not want to blame her for what happened.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sh!t happens!!! if your so called friend, is really your friend she would at least offer to pay something...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sh!t happens!!! if your so called friend, is really your friend she would at least offer to pay something...

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    if your so called friend, is really your friend she would at least offer to pay something...
    agree.. *cathy, when you ask help from your friend, it doesn't mean that you're blaming her from what happened. just tell her that 'hey will you help me with my pc? my blah is blah blah blah blah'

Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    same here..
    Cathy, tirahin na natin yan.... hehehehe.
    Well, either tirahin o i-condemn.... hehehehehe.
    i condemn? you mean, replace :rofl:

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    How can I check if the HDD light is lit?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
PC Experts - Help! HD can't be detected