New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Before I'd touch or change any setting, I'd ask the friend to backtrack and list every step he/she took as accurately as possible.

Unless Cathy is familiar with the hardware in her pc, her hardware (specifically the hard drive) might've been deliberately switched. I know that last part is a serious accusation. It's totally within the realm of possibility. Or maybe my judgement is impaired because I've slept a total of 3 hours so far tonight.

But, I've seen enough people who've been had......

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Thanks badsekktor and 1D4LV. I am from the south but I really do not want to cause you guys too much hassle. I do appreciate everyone's advise.

I tried what GH said. I opened the CPU and pressed hard on the cable connections. I even found it a bit confusing 'coz the wires are all mixed up. hehe. Ayoko naman bunutin coz I might jumble it up. hehe.

My biggest concern is that my PC would not even flash messages anymore. Blank screen na lang talaga. Could that be caused by loose connections as well?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    Thanks badsekktor and 1D4LV. I am from the south but I really do not want to cause you guys too much hassle. I do appreciate everyone's advise.

I tried what GH said. I opened the CPU and pressed hard on the cable connections. I even found it a bit confusing 'coz the wires are all mixed up. hehe. Ayoko naman bunutin coz I might jumble it up. hehe.

My biggest concern is that my PC would not even flash messages anymore. Blank screen na lang talaga. Could that be caused by loose connections as well?
    yes.
    when you press the power switch, do you hear beeps? if you do, how many?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008

where from the south? mindanao? i might help you lols just kidding

well just untaggle the wires and its ok to remove them. they'l not jumble up or something.. sometimes the ide cable (the looong one) can be loose. just press it make sure its properly pressed where every space behind it will be occupied (you know what i mean) just like other's saying, bring to a friend or someone you know who could fix it for you. or maybe the friend who borrowed it maybe he knows how to fix PC stuff get some help from him or from anybody. you may pay them but maybe not as much as in villman..
    Last edited by JJCarEnthusiast; June 12th, 2008 at 07:41 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    yes.
    when you press the power switch, do you hear beeps? if you do, how many?
    No Beep It's only the fan that I hear. I am scared to pull out the connections coz I might break it eh.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by JJCarEnthusiast View Post
    where from the south? mindanao? i might help you lols just kidding

well just untaggle the wires and its ok to remove them. they'l not jumble up or something.. sometimes the ide cable (the looong one) can be loose. just press it make sure its properly pressed where every space behind it will be occupied (you know what i mean) just like other's saying, bring to a friend or someone you know who could fix it for you. or maybe the friend who borrowed it maybe he knows how to fix PC stuff get some help from him or from anybody. you may pay them but maybe not as much as in villman..
    Makati and Paranaque. I don't know a lot of techie people eh. I know one but I do not want to ask help from him so either I figure it out or I'll go to villman. Hassle lang talaga.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Makati and Paranaque. I don't know a lot of techie people eh. I know one but I do not want to ask help from him so either I figure it out or I'll go to villman. Hassle lang talaga.
    hmmm.... so either you pay less or pay more si id4lv daw o makati area pwede daw sya kasi you pay more if you go to villman.. labor palang patay ka na at kung may mga parts pa na sira patay nanaman.. maybe its just with the configuration of bios. fixxed kasi dba ang labor charge ng mga PC stores kaya kahit wala sila masyadong trabaho malaki parin ang bayad mo kaya its better to ask for somebody help coz you can pay him/her less compared to pc stores like villman

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    Makikisakay na rin sa thread na ito.

I'm unable to click open my laptop's C: drive. Every time I try to, a window pops up with the message 'Can not find script file "C__.vbs".' I noticed, however, that the C: drive's name is in blue, indicating that the contents are compressed. If that's the reason I can't open the drive, will uncompressing the drive solve the problem?
    You got virus problems.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    No Beep It's only the fan that I hear. I am scared to pull out the connections coz I might break it eh.
    Is the HDD light lit and everything else is not working, no beeps and blank screen? ... My guess you have a dead motherboard.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Is the HDD light lit and everything else is not working, no beeps and blank screen? ... My guess you have a dead motherboard.
    maybe if so, patay

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
PC Experts - Help! HD can't be detected