New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    My friend borrowed my PC so she could use it to recover the data from the hard disk of her PC that crashed. When I got back my PC I tried using it and the first thing that I saw was ...

Auto detecting Primary slave ... not found
    Auto detecting Secondary slave ... not found. (Apat siya I can't remember the 2 other msgs)

Then Insert boot disk in drive a (something like that)

I don't have a boot disk so I just reset the PC. After that I just saw a blank screen. I then turned the PC on and off but I just get a blank screen. I'm hoping that they just forgot to plug something inside the PC and someone could guide me through it. I do not want to bring my PC to Villman YET since I have to pay for labor and I'm sure I'll get some sermon from my MOm again
    Last edited by _Cathy_; June 12th, 2008 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Insert Word

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    -check the IDE and power cables if they have been fitted back firmly.

-replace IDE cable with a new one in case old IDE cable has failed or gotten damaged due to handling them like an ape.

-if still no joy, check the HDD if they spin up when power is applied. This is done by plugging the HDD to the power while holding it. You will feel if it spins up smoothly without any "clicking". If it "clicks", the HDD might have some physical damage to the platter inside.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    maybe your friend changed the config in the CMOS. you can check it by pressing f2 or delete upon the POST (power on self test) check IDE drives if it is disabled or changed.

it is quite difficult to teach you how to fix that one since this is a case to case basis. Is your pc using an IDE HDD or a SATA HDD. I am just assuming that your friend forgot to return the settings back before he/she used it.

it is quite easy to fix that unless you have a broken hdd, broken cable, or broken ide/sata controller. just ask if there is anybody here who is near your place that is adept in pc troubleshooting.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I called my friend and she said that the PC was working properly before she returned it to me. I don't know what type of hard disk but my PC is around 5 years old already (although rarely used).

After the messages that I got I reset the PC and now I just get a blank screen. Parang it's only the fan that I could hear running. I guess I have no choice but to take it to Vilman . I hope nothing is busted.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    hmmm... same as what sir GH said, check the IDE and power cables they might be loose or somethin that's why its not working and your PC didn't detect it. maybe it got loose while its on transit..

or, maybe the jumper settings is wrong...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    maybe you just need to reseat all the cards and connectors. your PC was just moved so i guess, some loose connectors or loose cards could be the culprit.

i could take a look at your PC if you were my neighbor :D

do you have a friend that could fix that for you since bringing that to villman migh not solve the problem, and you would still encounter the same problem after getting it from them. It is common for PC's to have problems after they have been moved. so better ask a tech to fix that one in your home.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    oops! double post
    Last edited by badsekktor; June 12th, 2008 at 05:54 PM.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Makikisakay na rin sa thread na ito.

I'm unable to click open my laptop's C: drive. Every time I try to, a window pops up with the message 'Can not find script file "C\__.vbs".' I noticed, however, that the C: drive's name is in blue, indicating that the contents are compressed. If that's the reason I can't open the drive, will uncompressing the drive solve the problem?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    on Cathy's issue:

a) yup, GH's answer. Loose cables
    b) and yes, badsektor's answer. Changed CMOS configurations. This is a more probable answer.

Cathy, i can help if you are in Las Pinas/Alabang/Makati area. Walang halong malisya...

Bogeyman's issue:

A vbs is a visual basic script. Could be that the operating system was infected by a virus. I would suggest not to do anything with the DASD first, but to:

a) Boot in safe mode.
    b) Check to see if it is still recurring.
    c) If it still is, try to boot from CD, and scan it from there.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    *bogeyman:

tried looking for information for your case. Apparently, your system had a virus already and it was cleaned. Try to follow na lang the instructions here...
    http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/0...orunvbs-error/

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
PC Experts - Help! HD can't be detected