New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I just bought the latest copy of Macworld. It seems like running Windows on the Mac is the featured article. It reviews the 3 apps I mentioned plus..... VMWare's Fusion?

Hmmm. I've used VMWare on both Windows and Linux hosts. I didn't know it was out for OSX.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    I just bought the latest copy of Macworld. It seems like running Windows on the Mac is the featured article. It reviews the 3 apps I mentioned plus..... VMWare's Fusion?

Hmmm. I've used VMWare on both Windows and Linux hosts. I didn't know it was out for OSX.
    VMWare Fusion came out a little after Parallels... It hasn't gone gold yet afaik. Also, if I'm not mistaken, they're supposedly working on directx support for 3d games.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by need4speed View Post
    VMWare Fusion came out a little after Parallels... It hasn't gone gold yet afaik. Also, if I'm not mistaken, they're supposedly working on directx support for 3d games.
    The last version of VMWare Workstation I used had experimental 3d support. I quit using subsequent versions after the price went up from $90 a few years ago to almost $200. But, we still use it at work (Linux host).

Nowadays, I stick with Virtual PC 2004 (for Windows host) which is a free download from MS.

From the looks of it, VMWare Fusion isn't up to the standards of Parallels yet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Parallels, Bootcamp, and CrossOver for Mac