New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Had the chance to play with a unit bought by one of my officemates. Nawala kasi phone nya and nung nakita nya demo reviews sa YT she was sold. Nakabili siya sa outlet yata ng CM sa SM North.

I got intrigued by the unit's 5" display touted to be IPS * 1280x720. So in-open ko agad ang gallery to browse sample pics. I am quite a bit underwhelmed so far. There's none of that love at first sight just like with my Samsung Wave before. I know it's not AMOLED, but was hoping for something better sana than what I saw with e.g. CM's own Flare. Medyo parang there's a milky appearance and pictures don't really pop out of the screen. The unit comes pre-installed with a screen protector, so I am not sure if it could be the culprit. Aside from that, medyo parang me bluish-violet tint kaya skin tones don't really appear quite appealing. Not sure also if there's a way you can alter the balance of the RGB matrix like with some Samsung units. I was testing at half-brightness coz syempre that's where most people would set it to save on the battery drain. All in all though, sa display lang talaga ako nadismaya ng konti.

Again, those are my first impressions and from a very short hands-on experience with the phone.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    kagabi tatlong tao nakitaan ko nito habang naka-istambay ako sa banapple. tuwang-tuwa sa piktyur-piktyur.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead000 View Post
    Had the chance to play with a unit bought by one of my officemates. Nawala kasi phone nya and nung nakita nya demo reviews sa YT she was sold. Nakabili siya sa outlet yata ng CM sa SM North.

I got intrigued by the unit's 5" display touted to be IPS * 1280x720. So in-open ko agad ang gallery to browse sample pics. I am quite a bit underwhelmed so far. There's none of that love at first sight just like with my Samsung Wave before. I know it's not AMOLED, but was hoping for something better sana than what I saw with e.g. CM's own Flare. Medyo parang there's a milky appearance and pictures don't really pop out of the screen. The unit comes pre-installed with a screen protector, so I am not sure if it could be the culprit. Aside from that, medyo parang me bluish-violet tint kaya skin tones don't really appear quite appealing. Not sure also if there's a way you can alter the balance of the RGB matrix like with some Samsung units. I was testing at half-brightness coz syempre that's where most people would set it to save on the battery drain. All in all though, sa display lang talaga ako nadismaya ng konti.

Again, those are my first impressions and from a very short hands-on experience with the phone.
    parqang walang positive sir ah.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by holdencaulfield View Post
    kagabi tatlong tao nakitaan ko nito habang naka-istambay ako sa banapple. tuwang-tuwa sa piktyur-piktyur.
    Paktay bagong SC phone na 'to :bwahaha: Jk.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    parqang walang positive sir ah.
    di naman. to quote my last statement: "All in all though, sa display lang talaga ako nadismaya ng konti."

particular talaga kasi ako sa image quality. tapos ang benchmark ko pa eh samsung wave, sgs3, at samsung tab 1. forte yata talaga ng samsung ang display kasi i haven't been disappointed yet by their fone screens. dating kasi sa akin ng screen ng OHD eh parang yung mga dating resistive pa (not on the touch aspect, ha?). kaya nga sabi ko baka yung ginamit na screen protector me problema. me installed protector din kasi mga fones ko dati and very transparent sila. you won't know they're there.

still considering this phone pa rin naman. wala din kasi halos ibang choice looks, specs and price wise eh.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

price wise napaka sulit na yan sir. ung display kahit nga ung Xperia Z walang sinabi sa display ng Galaxy S4. Number 1 pa rin samsung pagdating sa display.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Actually napakaganda ng display ng omegahd, imho at par if not better sa iphone4/4s ko.
    Very accurate ang color repro, ganda ng saturation lalu na sharpness siksik na siksik ang pixels HD. viewing photos is such a pleasure pati watching videos. Im also into photography kaya mejo nakakaintindi ko about colors saturation atbp regards sa screen quality. May mga omegahd users na din sa pinoy photography forum and quite impressed sa screen quality at sa cam nito.
    Baka dahil sa screen protector sa shop, dalawang plastic yung nasa bnew units pagtanggal mo ng unang plastic may isa pa. But definitely kung kuntento ka sa screen quality ng iphone4/4s di ka ma disappoint sa omegahd.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

parang naka retina dislpay din sir? ano pixel density ng omega HD?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    294 PPI ser...

Cherry Mobile Omega HD Specification:

* 5.0-inch HD (1280x720) IPS capacitive display
    * 294ppi with Dragon Trail Glass Technology(Asahi Japan) and 5-point multi-touch feature-same glass used by sony experias
    * 1GHz dual-core MediaTek MT6577 processor
    * Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean)
    * PowerVR SGX531 GPU
    * 1GB of RAM
    * 4GB of internal memory
    * microSD support up to 32GB
    * Multimedia Player / FM radio with RDS
    * 12MP autofocus BSI camera with LED flash
    * 720p*30fps HD video recording
    * 2MP BSI front camera
    * 3G capable (UMTS 2100)
    * Bluetooth v4.0 with EDR and A2DP
    * WiFi 802.11 b/g/n / WiFi Hotspot
    * GPS with A-GPS support
    * Li-Ion 2,100mAh Battery
    * Color: Black and White
    * Price: Php7,999 (Official SRP)
    Last edited by halimaw; April 9th, 2013 at 01:00 AM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

nakita ko na rin sa wakas.

Omega HD 5" Android Phone *7,999!