The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

in short sir, bang for the buck.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Have you tried playing Asphalt 7 or Real Racing 3 on it?

Last edited by Monseratto; April 2nd, 2013 at 07:56 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    I inquired about Omega HD sa Memo Express awhile ago pero wala pa daw sila....

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    bro retz, are you eyeing for Omega HD?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post
    Got one Wednesday night last week.

First impressions:

• Temple Run 2 and the Rovio games had absolutely no lag, the same is true for the HD versions; it may not be a gamer's phone, but your daughter, niece, sister will still have more than enough processing power for the most popular games.

• Battery life is a little less than that of my Nexus 4, which is actually pretty good considering you have 2 sims.

• There is a very slight lag of a fraction of a second when swiping between screens (could be due to either 4.1 or the proc/gpu), this is compared, again, to a Nexus 4 (which is on 4.2 and a quad-core Krait).

• Let me say it again, this has a gorgeous screen!* This phone has definitely set the bar for the other local releases.* It can even compete with that of flagship phones from the likes of LG, Samsung and Sony. For this reason alone I would get a screen protector for it. :D

• The camera lens will definitely need a screen protector.* Not caring for the lens would be a shame since this phone has a great camera, both for stills and video.

• Would I choose this over the Flame 2.0?* Definitely.* This will not be as fast but the screen, size, camera and premium looks is what clinches it for the OHD .

• Would this be a good phone for young kids?* Probably not.* The size and lack of a life-proof case can be worrisome.

• Did I encounter any problems with apps?* None at all.

• What other extras should I get for this phone? -- get the Kingston 32GB class 10 microSD from CD-R King, which is also a good buy at ₱1,300,* get screen protectors for the front screen and camera lens (do not get matte or oily screens as you will be wasting your gorgeous 720p screen).

• Do I need to root the phone to maximize its use?* Nope.

• Where is my phone now?* The wife took it.* The people who were with me last weekend will also buy their own as a backup to their S3's, iPhones and Note 2's.

This phone, if priced at 11k, would actually still sell.* Pricing it below 8k is a steal.* This is definitely the best choice at this point for the 5k to ₱9,999 price range.* With a higher budget, I would say the Lenovo P770 would be a slight favorite but note that the Lenovo is at least ₱3,500 more expensive and has a screen which is a generation behind the Omega HD.* And don't forget the fact that the CM Omega HD just oozes "flagship phone" when you see it.* The P770, unfortunately, doesn't have the same good looks.

Cherry Mobile's competition is still stuck in 800 x 480 or at QHD resolutions and is now, sadly, far behind.* Those who are in the market for a good, solid, bang-for-the-buck phone with a great screen and premiere looks should strongly consider this phone, particularly since there are rumors of the price even going in the low 7k range at some stores.*

Will the competition be able to react to this release and at this price point?* Probably not until Q3 of this year.

Posted via Tapatalk
    Wow, I think this is a good 2nd phone para maka rest naman ang IP5 ko. I saw the Lenovo P770 and it looks good as well. The same with the O Plus 8.12 but this one from Cherry seems like the best bang for the buck. Only 8k!?!

How is the reception/signal? Malakas ba or palaging nawawalan ng signal? As well as calls, can you clearly hear the person you are talking with?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by d'flash View Post
    bro retz, are you eyeing for Omega HD?

Not mine sir, pang regalo ko ito.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rna800 View Post

Wow, I think this is a good 2nd phone para maka rest naman ang IP5 ko. I saw the Lenovo P770 and it looks good as well. The same with the O Plus 8.12 but this one from Cherry seems like the best bang for the buck. Only 8k!?!

How is the reception/signal? Malakas ba or palaging nawawalan ng signal? As well as calls, can you clearly hear the person you are talking with?
    Malakas ang signal pati 3g no prob.
    Wifi malakas din.
    Malinaw din calls.

Globe gamit ko manila area.

Peak.

as Portable Wlan Hotspot...

Sent from my Omega HD using Forum Runner

8. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

mukhang enjoy na enjoy ka sa phone mo sir ah.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by halimaw View Post
    Malakas ang signal pati 3g no prob.
    Wifi malakas din.
    Malinaw din calls.

Globe gamit ko manila area.

Peak.

as Portable Wlan Hotspot...

Sent from my Omega HD using Forum Runner
    may case ba na available niyan sir?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    nakita ko sa 168 kagabi at 8k.
    parang ang gaan masyado at usli nga yung cam. sana matibay nga talaga.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Omega HD 5" Android Phone *7,999!