New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Globe gamit ko dito manila area.
    Off peak

Peak

Gamit ko din sya as Portable Wlan Hotspot...

Sent from my Omega HD using Forum Runner

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by halimaw View Post
    Build quality? Matibay kaya?

Heres a vid para sa mga nagiisip at lalu di mapakali sa GAS ang ***y ng body super sleek. tapos ginawang nutcracker!

Cherry Mobile Omega HD - Physique, Scratch-resistance, and Wet-tracking Test - YouTube

Wow, may wet-finger tracking na rin.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003

The Cherry Mobile Omega HD’s Quadrant Standard score

Omega HD vs Galaxy S3

Not bad considering it's already running on Jelly Bean...

http://www.techlokal.com/2013/03/19/...iced-at-p7999/
    Last edited by Monseratto; April 1st, 2013 at 08:58 PM.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    most probably its the hd screen reso of the omegahd vs its procie, kaya ganyan antutu results. bloggers say naman very possible na maglabas ulit ng software update ang cherry mobile like what they did sa P3,999 quadcore hd screen 7" tablet nila na fusion bolt, from 4k score sa antutu pumalo ng 12k score after the software update. well, for me sa real life use at performance ng omega hd smooth na smooth naman no complaints. P7,999 well spent! ;)

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Ang nakakainis dyan as cherry, sobrang kaunti ang nilalabas name units. Hirap tuloy makabili. Tiyaga ka sa mga online sellers.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

6. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Sa pricing vs specs nila talagang dinudumog, nung nilabas yung fusion bolt 1st day marami din linabas pang 500+ kami sa pila sold out sa rob ermita that same day, nag restock din naman sila after a week. Ganun din sa sm north sold out. Dito sa omega hd meron pa naman stocks depende sa branch. Might as well call muna para malaman san meron. Sa rob ermita, sm cubao, sm sta mesa, cash n carry, waltermarts meron pa stocks.

Last edited by halimaw; April 2nd, 2013 at 03:44 AM.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Yung flame 2.0 oka din. Upagrded na ang specs for just P6,999 vs the first gen na P6,299.

Ibenta ko na kaya BB ko at SE android para isang phone na lang ako. hehe

8. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by robot.sonic View Post
    Ang nakakainis dyan as cherry, sobrang kaunti ang nilalabas name units. Hirap tuloy makabili. Tiyaga ka sa mga online sellers.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    out of stocks na agad sir?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    di ko alam sa model na yan. gusto ko sana yung flare e. kaso sa cherry mobile na store, wala ng stock. sa ibang resellers/online sellers mas mahal.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Got one Wednesday night last week.

First impressions:

• Temple Run 2 and the Rovio games had absolutely no lag, the same is true for the HD versions; it may not be a gamer's phone, but your daughter, niece, sister will still have more than enough processing power for the most popular games.

• Battery life is a little less than that of my Nexus 4, which is actually pretty good considering you have 2 sims.

• There is a very slight lag of a fraction of a second when swiping between screens (could be due to either 4.1 or the proc/gpu), this is compared, again, to a Nexus 4 (which is on 4.2 and a quad-core Krait).

• Let me say it again, this has a gorgeous screen!* This phone has definitely set the bar for the other local releases.* It can even compete with that of flagship phones from the likes of LG, Samsung and Sony. For this reason alone I would get a screen protector for it. :D

• The camera lens will definitely need a screen protector.* Not caring for the lens would be a shame since this phone has a great camera, both for stills and video.

• Would I choose this over the Flame 2.0?* Definitely.* This will not be as fast but the screen, size, camera and premium looks is what clinches it for the OHD .

• Would this be a good phone for young kids?* Probably not.* The size and lack of a life-proof case can be worrisome.

• Did I encounter any problems with apps?* None at all.

• What other extras should I get for this phone? -- get the Kingston 32GB class 10 microSD from CD-R King, which is also a good buy at ₱1,300,* get screen protectors for the front screen and camera lens (do not get matte or oily screens as you will be wasting your gorgeous 720p screen).

• Do I need to root the phone to maximize its use?* Nope.

• Where is my phone now?* The wife took it.* The people who were with me last weekend will also buy their own as a backup to their S3's, iPhones and Note 2's.

This phone, if priced at 11k, would actually still sell.* Pricing it below 8k is a steal.* This is definitely the best choice at this point for the 5k to ₱9,999 price range.* With a higher budget, I would say the Lenovo P770 would be a slight favorite but note that the Lenovo is at least ₱3,500 more expensive and has a screen which is a generation behind the Omega HD.* And don't forget the fact that the CM Omega HD just oozes "flagship phone" when you see it.* The P770, unfortunately, doesn't have the same good looks.

Cherry Mobile's competition is still stuck in 800 x 480 or at QHD resolutions and is now, sadly, far behind.* Those who are in the market for a good, solid, bang-for-the-buck phone with a great screen and premiere looks should strongly consider this phone, particularly since there are rumors of the price even going in the low 7k range at some stores.*

Will the competition be able to react to this release and at this price point?* Probably not until Q3 of this year.

Posted via Tapatalk

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Omega HD 5" Android Phone *7,999!